Eden Rock Question

doubletcruiser

My husband wants to snorkel and I have read that Eden rock is pretty good and within walking distance of the ship, so we have decided for him to go there.

My question is - I do not have any interest in snorkeling -just too chicken!! But I don't really want to seperate from him and go to 7 mile beach alone. Is there a place at Eden Rock for me to just lay on the beach, get some sun, have drinks and relax and watch for my husband?

If not -is there another place that has decent snorkeling where I could just also chill out on the beach while DH snorkles?

Thanks for your help!

Eden Rock is a great place to snorkel. They have two lounge chairs on their cement deck where you can lay in the sun and wait. We took turns snorkeling and watching our stuff. The area is rocky - no sand. You can take an easy dip in the water if you get too hot. They have bottled drinks inside that you can buy. Next door is Paradise Cafe - your husband can enter there also to snorkel at Eden Rock. It was crazy busy the day we were there. Fins and flippers everywhere. Walked next door to Eden Rock Dive Center and not as busy. Paradise has a very small area for chairs. I'm sure you could get drinks and food there (remember Cayman is expensive - don't know if you can google their menu). They have a covered deck for the cafe for tables and chairs if you do not want to be in the sun. You could always go shopping across the street and meet your husband back in about an hour or two and then go to 7 mile beach together. You would have time to do both.

Archived