CDG layover! help

buffy14322

Just wanted some opinions about connections in CDG

I am flying on Delta/Airfrance from Boston to Barcelona connecting in CDG on Tuesday June 2nd

Delta Flight 8399 arrives at 610 AM at CDG and we fly out to BCN at 740

We fly into 2E and fly out of 2F. Is 1.5 hrs enough time to transfer terminals and catch the flight? How about our luggage?

Coming back we are a little more pressed for time.

Fly out of BCN on Tuesday June 15 Delta at 1025 (depart cruise ship at 6am with self debark?)

Arrive at CDG at terminal 2F and have 1 hr and 20 min to get to 2E cdg to boston!

I have already read the advice about printing out the map and knowing the terminals and have look on airfrance. It looks like on arrival we will need to take the shuttle to get from 2E to 2F but may be able to walk from 2F to 2 E upon flying back home.

Any experiences/help would be great!

You can walk both ways. I have never taken the shuttle.

Bearing in mind that I detest tight connections, I wont do either your going or froing. Going out you will need to go through passport control and security. Coming back, there is the special U.S.-bound security with which to deal. Bear in mind that many planes at CDG both load and unload remotely with a bus ride between the airplane and the terminal. this adds quite a bit of time to the process.

If you are stuck with the flight you mention, I suggest the following:

1) Pray to Timezilla; the God of On-time Arrivals.

2) Know the route. I would bet a fair amount of your money that walking will be faster than the shuttle.

Thank you everyone for the advice. I am happy to know that we will be able to walk both ways. We are both young and active so hopefully we can know the route, walk quickly and make it... fingers crossed.

Flyer talk, do you think this intinerary sounds do-able if flights are on time?

Flyer talk, do you think this intinerary sounds do-able if flights are on time?

Doable....yes. Desirable....no. Something that I would wager large amounts of money on....no. Something that I would redo to have a longer connect....yes. But those are my own personal biases, which lean towards longer connects than most people seem to want here on CC. I would rather have a 5 hour connect at CDG than a 1 hour.

I'm getting the feeling that you already have your tickets and are now looking to see how it will fare. Don't dawdle, know your route, get seats towards the door so you can be moving sooner, and good luck.

Thanks again everyone! I will be optomistic in saying I have a good feeling things will work out. On the way back I wouldn't mind being stuck in Paris anyways ;)

Being stuck in CDG is not quite the same as being stuck in downtown Paris;).

You might want to do some home work and figure out what other flights you can get on just incase you miss a connection at good old CDG.

John

It appears you had already made your decision and just wanted affirmation that it was okay. Thinking positively MAY not affect airline schedules, speed of disemarking, immigration/customs (on the way in), etc. You don't mention what your alternatives are and whether these times are within the "legal" limits set by the airline. Good luck.

We had a Athens-Paris-Atlanta flight on Air France/Delta with only an hour in CDG. We checked alternate flights in case we didn't make it and didn't pack anything in our checked luggage that we couldn't live without. When we landed in CDG we were ready to sprint through the airport but much to our suprise when we walked down the stairs onto the trarmack there was a Delta employee with a sign that said Atlanta. We were put in a van with 10 other passangers and driven to a small passport control then back into the van to security where we skipped the line and went strait to the scanners. We made our plane and were suprised when we got to Atlanta that our luggage made it too. Delta knew the connection was tight and took care of us. I don't think this usually happens though.

This is the type of connection I absolutely avoid. In this situation with the tickets already purchased, I would check everything possible other than valuable and medicines and be ready to run fast.

Are you flying the day the cruise departs or the next day?

Thanks again everyone! I will be optomistic in saying I have a good feeling things will work out. On the way back I wouldn't mind being stuck in Paris anyways ;)

don't hope for that. happened to me (and about 50 others on the same cruise) on the return.

air france said they were going to put us up for the night. what they didn't tell us is that it would be 6 hours before the shuttle bus would collect us :mad:

then, to add insult to injury, we were put up at a hotel near disneyland paris (nowhere near paris!) which might as well have been in kansas. saw nothing except very polluted and trashy highways.

the hotel had NO services for stranded travelers (toiletries, etc.). had to take the shuttle to disneyland where i ended up spending over 100 euros for clean undies, hat, sweatshirt, etc. fortunatly i had insurance.

the only bright spot was dinner at the hotel (included). say what you want about the french (they deserve most of it) but they can cook.

Archived