Can I buy snorkle equipment on sShip/Island

shellyconch

Sailing Majesty of the Seas may 17, 2010. Can I purchase my own snorkle equipment in any of the stores on the ship? Is there anywhere on Coco Cay or near where the ship is docked in Nassau and/or Key West where I could buy my own new (rather than rent) snorkle equipment?

Is there anywhere on Coco Cay or near where the ship is docked in Nassau and/or Key West where I could buy my own new (rather than rent) snorkle equipment?

On Key West there is a dive shop not more than five minutes from the cruise ship. However, once having said that I would recommend buying your mask and a 'dry snorkel' before leaving home. Neither of these items are particularly bulky or heavy consequently packing them isn't a problem.

We snorkeled for years before getting our SCUBA certification and we always used our own gear after our first cruise. Having a mask that fits makes all the difference in the world. The same holds true for a good snorkel. By acquiring these items well ahead of time you should be able to take your time and get the mask that fits and feels good while you're wearing it.

If you don't have a dive shop near you then I can recommend two firms that are also Internet based. One of the best anywhere in terms of cutomer service and helpfulness is Scuba Toys. The second firm is LiesurePro. Both firms are reputable and have been around for quite a while.

Hope this helps and that you enjoy that snorkel excursion.:):):)

Sailing Majesty of the Seas may 17, 2010. Can I purchase my own snorkle equipment in any of the stores on the ship? Is there anywhere on Coco Cay or near where the ship is docked in Nassau and/or Key West where I could buy my own new (rather than rent) snorkle equipment?

I would buy it before boarding the ship. I don't remember noticing anything particular in Nassau.

I left my gear in a cab in Cozumel and had to buy new equipment for about 3x the cost of the same gear precruise. If you don't want to pack it, you should be able to buy gear in Miami at a reasonable price.

depending on what island you are on, most have the same type of stores that you have at home. The last cruise i was on, i couldnt sleep being so used to having a fan on me at night, so i went to a drug store (in Key West) and purchased a desk fan....it did the trick!!! The ship also has all kinds of stuff you may need, just more expensive. I pack my own snorkel equipment every time i go on vacation! (2 sets) I just dont bring the fins....

Archived