Spirit - Laundry info needed

Hi,

when we go on the Spirit later this year we are there for 2 weeks so are planning on doing some washing as the keep the amount of clothes we take down a little.

Does anybody know anything about the laundry i.e. cost? can you take own soap powder etc

Hi,

when we go on the Spirit later this year we are there for 2 weeks so are planning on doing some washing as the keep the amount of clothes we take down a little.

Does anybody know anything about the laundry i.e. cost? can you take own soap powder etc

The laundry facilities are free - washing machine, drier and iron. There are a few dotted around and can be quite popular but the middle day would be a good time for you to target the laundry - most people wil be on their way home and new passengers won't arrive until later (with clean clothes I would think :eek:) so it should be very quiet early on.

I think you will need to provide your own soap powder - but there may be some available to buy in the shop - someone else will know the answer to that - Jo?

When we were on the Celebration last year, I took liquitabs but the machines on there were set up & had automatic washing liquid going into them when you did a wash so I didn't have to use mine. Can anyone clarify if they have been on the Spirit recently if that is the case on the Spirit too?!

Also Cruiserhel, we were on the Celebration for a week and we were given a laundry bag and we were allowed to fill it up once and the charge for one bag was £5. Any laundry after that was charged out at the normal rate - don;t know if they still do this at all!

i have read a couple of other threads on other forums that say it is £2 to use washing machine and free for dryer :confused:

My reply might have sounded a bit ambiguous! I meant that we paid £5 to have a bag of laundry washed (& ironed!) by the on-ship laundry. Any further laundry by the laundry would have been charged at normal rate. The self-service laudrettes on the Celebration were free of charge last year including powder/liquid for washing, irons & tumble driers. They were always pretty busy though and only about 2 machines in each laundrette! I am hoping when we go on the Spirit that they are still doing the £5 per bag deal!

I would also be interested to hear from people who have been on the Spirit if it is the same as the Celebration re self-service laundrettes please!

Hi,

From memory they are free ( never used them but walked past and can not remember there being anything about a charge ) certainly no charge for the iron - best take your own small quantity of powder in your case as it will not be as cheap on the ship

I'm sailing on Dream in July, two weeks b2b with 3 children!! I know there is no self service laundry so am hoping that there will be a 'bag' deal on board - hopefully someone will be able to report back soon ;)

On Spirit last year there were the free laundry facilities but if I remember correctly you had to pay for the powder via a dispenser in the laundry. I took advantage of the cheap bag of washing offer. It is amazing how much you can stuff into one of those bags, I managed 8 shirts plus various other dubious stuff!. They come back ironed and either on hangers or folded, nice :)

Well, I must admit, after reading this, I am extremely interested - I am your biggest nightmare for taking clothes, as never know what I am going to end up wearing :eek:

BUT .............

Would be great if I could have one of these laundry bags too - less clothes and more room for pressies, hehehe

I am on the Destiny, so if anyone knows where I can find a pricelist or anything similar, would be a great help

Already printed out the bar menu, haha ;)

:D

I can confirm that the washing machines on Spirit are chargeable ...you have to go to reception to buy a token (either 2 or 3 pounds can't remember) but the liquid detergent is free and is in the launderette.....the tumble driers are free though !!

So,is there no laundrette on the Dream? :eek: I am having a week in Majorca after the cruise, so will end up with a suitcase of dirty clothes for that week. :(:(

Sorry no! That's why I'm hoping for a laundry bag offer. We are doing 2 weeks b2b with 3 children!!

Archived