Waitlisted?

Traveler353

Yesterday I booked a last minute cruise on the Fantasy for April 19th. I requested anytime dinning and was waitlisted. How has that been working out for people? Are you getting anytime dinning after having this happen? My PVP seemed to think that I would end up with the late seating being assigned. I can live with that, but wanted to give anytime a try.

From what I know of on here only the platinum cruisers come up with a confirmed seating for dining. Everyone else usually pops up wait listed but it doesn't mean you don't get that. I am I always get the one I choose.

From what I know of on here only the platinum cruisers come up with a confirmed seating for dining. Everyone else usually pops up wait listed but it doesn't mean you don't get that. I am I always get the one I choose.

I only have 8 Carnival cruises, so not platinum (yet), but have never been waitlisted before. Always have been assigned my requested dinning time at booking. This is a first for me. My PVP said it was because the ship is almost full and so many people are requesting anytime dinning.

I was told by my pvp that I am waitlisted for anytime dinng and confirmed for early seating. She said that anytime dining is very popular now and has been filling up fast.

So more than likley we will not get the anytime dining we requested.

We can however, see the maitre d when we get on board and see if he can switch us..

Hope this helps.

Thats the way their system works. It will put you in a waitlist status and then confirm within 24-48 hours. Its not always 100% but very close.

Thank you, so it is normal for anytime dinning request to be waitlisted, I guess?

I only have 8 Carnival cruises, so not platinum (yet), but have never been waitlisted before. Always have been assigned my requested dinning time at booking. This is a first for me. My PVP said it was because the ship is almost full and so many people are requesting anytime dinning.

Actually your request was acknowledged at time of booking and you were lucky enough to always get your request.

Thank you, so it is normal for anytime dinning request to be waitlisted, I guess?

I don't know if it's normal or not but I've requested it twice and it was confirmed instantly. I had early dinning confirmed on the Splendor but decided to change to anytime so called my PVP and it was changed and confirmed before I got off the phone. When I booked the Dream I requested anytime and it was confirmed at the time of booking.

I don't know if it's normal or not but I've requested it twice and it was confirmed instantly. I had early dinning confirmed on the Splendor but decided to change to anytime so called my PVP and it was changed and confirmed before I got off the phone. When I booked the Dream I requested anytime and it was confirmed at the time of booking.

Last month when I booked my Triumph cruise for Sep. I requested anytime and was assigned it instantly. No waitlisting. It is confusing, there does not seem to be any standard way that it is processed.

Probably since it so close to date of cruise, all of anytime dining slots are already requested. I understand that only a certain percentage of slots are for anytime. When we book way ahead, we have always gotten what we requested.:rolleyes:

I booked in early march for the miracle on april 21 and got waitlisted for anytime. My ta has called several times and still no luck with carnival. This is our 8th carnival cruise. We stop sailing with them and went to princess due to the anytime diining and not wanting to bribe maitre d's on the first day of the cruise. Any suggestions on how to get off the waitlist and have our request granted???

In February I booked the Glory for June,requested Anytime and it was confirmed immediately.Noticed now all that is open for our cruise is Late Seating.I'm sure the later you book the least likely you are to get Anytime.

Never been waitlisted always confirmed dining time at the time of booking but I book way in advance so I get what I want.

Not platinum here

Im about to go on my 3rd cruise next weekend and my late dinner request was confirmed immediately at the time of booking which was well over a year ago. Is that because I booked a suite? First 2 times I got what I asked for also but was not confirmed til much closer to the trip.

We were originally booked for early dining but I called our TA and had them change it to Anytime. I was waitlisted for about a week then it switched to confirmed. A friend of mine went on the Valor and couldn't get anytime It was full.

We booked our cruise in February 2010 for April 25, 2010 and requested Anytime and was confirmed immediately. Guess it just depends on different things - What ship, how full, how many requests for different sittings, etc. Who knows? Hope you get your choice and Happy Cruising.........

Archived