NCL vs Princess

aklarsen

We found the food in the MDR on Princess to be a definite cut above the MDR on NCL, both in selection and quality. However, we do like the larger choice of specialty restaurants on NCL. We are Princess loyalists who also cruise NCL when they have the itinerary we want --- the food is not a deal breaker for us.

I have cruised on both, almost the same number of times. I find Princess to have better quality food, but you also pay more in general on that line. I, personally, would never choose a cruise for the food. It's just not that important to me. I like good food, but don't expect it on a cruise ship that prepares thousands of meals per day, seasoned to fit the average diner. I would choose based on itinerary, price, age of ship, amenities of ship, location of port...in that order. I know you didn't ask this, but I am feeling wordy. Sorry.

Amy

How would you compare the food and wine on NCL with Princess?

It depends on what food and wine you are comparing. We give the edge on entrees to Princess, but on everything else to NCL. The wine situation is similar, but a little bit cheaper on Princess. The specialty dining rooms are better on NCL. I would say it is a toss up, depends on what you want.

Nita

I have been comparing overall itineraries between NCL and Princess--Princess wins --they have a lot more variety in the Caribbean and in Australia. it is getting hard to book on NCL due to lack of variety--especially if you do not want to go to Europe. What is interesting is how many ships NCL will have in the Caribbean--a lot them going to the same ports.

BG

Archived