Disney Transportation

noahdove

Once we are cleared for leaving the ship at the end of the cruise, will the Disney bus be there to pick us up and how will they know how many people will need this? I understand about ME and I have used it a few times, but, I don't want to be waiting to get to our resort and the other part of our Magical trip:) Thank you for any insight you can provide for me..

Once we are cleared for leaving the ship at the end of the cruise, will the Disney bus be there to pick us up and how will they know how many people will need this? I understand about ME and I have used it a few times, but, I don't want to be waiting to get to our resort and the other part of our Magical trip:) Thank you for any insight you can provide for me..

They will have many buses lined up outside the terminal going to different places like the hotels and airport. They usually know how many people are taking the buses since they have paid for the transportation and also you answered a question on a form about where you are going after the cruise.

I hope this is what you were asking about.

Magical Express does not go to the port. You would need to purchase transfers through DCL, or rent a car, or arrange private transfers to get to the airport or resorts after your cruise. If you buy the DCL transfers, buses will be waiting to take you to whichever destination. They do fill each bus before it leaves, but that doesn't take all that long since everyone is disembarking within a block of a couple hours.

Hello, this is our first cruise. Can anyone tell me how much it costs to take a taxi from the port to Orlando airport? Disney ground transportation is $70 for two. Just wonder if it's cheaper just take a taxi. Or any advantages to take Disney transportation? :confused:

Thank you!

There will be people to direct you to the correct bus. Your documents should indicate how many people have transportation.

Hello, this is our first cruise. Can anyone tell me how much it costs to take a taxi from the port to Orlando airport? Disney ground transportation is $70 for two. Just wonder if it's cheaper just take a taxi. Or any advantages to take Disney transportation? :confused:

Thank you!

I vote for taking the Disney Transportation.

You are looking at prices for round trip from the airport by taxi? That will be quite pricey, possibly close to $200.00 with tip.

Disney transportation is very easy and I have always found it to be carefree. If you use an airline that Disney works with, you can have your luggage taken directly to the ship from your home airport. It will also be picked up the night prior to debark and you will not see it until you arrive at your home airport.

It is much easier when you leave it in the hands of the Mouse.

(In my opinion.)

Yes, that was what I am asking pixiedustdawn..I want to be sure I have all my ducks in a row for this trip. I don't mind not knowing things if it's just for me, but, having my daughter and family with me...well...I want to be well prepared...It does seem to be expensive to take Disney transportation, but, so it the other transports..we will arrive a day ahead and so that is another of my concerns...thank you for your advice, any other input for this will help me also..

Yes, that was what I am asking pixiedustdawn..I want to be sure I have all my ducks in a row for this trip. I don't mind not knowing things if it's just for me, but, having my daughter and family with me...well...I want to be well prepared...It does seem to be expensive to take Disney transportation, but, so it the other transports..we will arrive a day ahead and so that is another of my concerns...thank you for your advice, any other input for this will help me also..

How many are in your party?

• 1 month later...

Thank you!

Looking at a taxi fare finder online, it quotes roughly $152 (w/tip) one way from MCO to Port Canaveral. $70 seems like a huge bargain in comparison!

The problem is that the Orlando International Airport (MCO) is nowhere near the port. (Nearly 50 miles away.) So you're looking at a one hour cab ride, and that's assuming no accidents or launches at Cape Canaveral!

Archived