Best Western South Bay Hotel

guntheros

Park, Sleep and FLY package. This hotel says it offers complimentary shuttle from LAX airpot and to the cruise terminal in Long Beach and San Pedro. I am wondering if it's in a safe/ok neighborhood? It says it's in Lawndale. I have read many posts about only staying in certain neighborhoods, so didn't know if this was truly too good to be true. It is $115 and I thought it would save us quite a bit considering it would cost us $68 just for the shuttle from LAX to a Long Beach hotel for 4 people. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!

Park, Sleep and FLY package. This hotel says it offers complimentary shuttle from LAX airpot and to the cruise terminal in Long Beach and San Pedro. I am wondering if it's in a safe/ok neighborhood? It says it's in Lawndale. I have read many posts about only staying in certain neighborhoods, so didn't know if this was truly too good to be true. It is $115 and I thought it would save us quite a bit considering it would cost us $68 just for the shuttle from LAX to a Long Beach hotel for 4 people. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!

Nicole...

Note that the poster who "loved" this hotel, got there at 11PM at night, went to sleep, woke up and had the free hotel breakfast, wandered around the block, then got on the shuttle to the pier...

That is it. They didn't even have to find food the night before...

If that is absolutely ALL that you want to do, then this hotel is fine.

If you are getting in earlier, and want to see "LA", or go to a nice restaurant or something like that - then this is not a good hotel at all for that...

If you decide to book there, then just be aware of that...

This is why they have started this new LAX to hotel to pier shuttle thing - if they don't do that, then nobody would book their hotel.;)

They may have stumbled into a business model that will actually bring more clients to their hotel.:D

Just want you to be aware of all of the pros and cons here.:cool:

Jerome: Thanks for the advice. We will be getting in a bit later and just really needing to sleep and get to the port in the morning, so I think this should work for us. I still have the Hilton reserved and will continue to research "just in case", but will decide later which one will be right for us!

Thanks!

I live near Lawndale and it's a reasonably safe - at least during daylight - but working class area. I can't say what the hotel is like but the immediate area is pretty nondescript. Nearby, in Manhattan Beach and Hermosa Beach, are much more attractive and interesting sights, restaurants, clubs, etc. If you just need to sleep, Lawndale is okay and convenient.

Archived