First Time Cruise - Poesia - Internet Query

jumbo336

Hello everyone. New to cruising. Due to do a back to back on Poesia in Caribbean and then to NY and transatlantic. Intend taking a small laptop (netbook) with me. I've read about service they provide onboard, however, has anyone got any good tips for me?

Cheers

Dave

Hello everyone. New to cruising. Due to do a back to back on Poesia in Caribbean and then to NY and transatlantic. Intend taking a small laptop (netbook) with me. I've read about service they provide onboard, however, has anyone got any good tips for me?

Cheers

Dave

I never could get mine to work. I ended up using the Cyber Cafe a couple of times.

I took mine on the Poesia in February. They have wi-fi in hot spots around the ship but not in the cabins. To use in your cabin, take an ethernet cable, otherwise, they rent then for $15. Oddly, the ethernet port is under the TV and the only electrical outlet is the opposite corner of the room. You connect, then open your browser..it will walk you through setting up an account. The speed is about like dial up. Hints: To save your minutes, type up your email, THEN connect and send. Also, be absolutely sure to sign out of the connection, if you just close your browser you will continue to be charged. Good luck!

The wired internet from the cabin worked amazingly well onboard the Orchestra in December.

Connection was very fast at times, I could send emails with attachments without any problems.

However, internet was down during the actual crossing. So be prepared not to download any emails for 4-5 days.

Archived