Help...need some quick directions please!!

shelleyr25

Hi Shelley,

No ferries, but buses and cabs from Dockyard will be plentiful for Horseshoe Bay. There is a Visitor Information Center bang in the middle of the Dockyard complex, they will be able to give you the relevant bus numbers, and provide you with tokens or passes for the buses if that's the way you decide to go.

Hope that helps, and enjoy your vacation.

Paul

Hi Shelley,

No ferries, but buses and cabs from Dockyard will be plentiful for Horseshoe Bay. There is a Visitor Information Center bang in the middle of the Dockyard complex, they will be able to give you the relevant bus numbers, and provide you with tokens or passes for the buses if that's the way you decide to go.

Hope that helps, and enjoy your vacation.

Paul

Thanks Paul, there will be 4 of us, do you think we are better off just taking a cab...will it be hard to find a return ride??? My husband is just not into being crammed like a sardine on a long bus ride..thanx

You're welcome Shelley.

It's completely your personal choice to be honest. The buses are very frequent, and usually only crammed around the normal morning/evening rush hours. There are usually cabs waiting in the Horseshoe Bay car park which you have to pass through before you get to the beach, so either way you should be good. But if there are 4 of you, getting a cab would probably be my preference.

Oh, and just for your info, the weather here in Bermuda has been glorious all week. The forecast says change could be on the way for later on Saturday, but I hope it holds out for you when you arrive.

Happy sailing.

You're welcome Shelley.

It's completely your personal choice to be honest. The buses are very frequent, and usually only crammed around the normal morning/evening rush hours. There are usually cabs waiting in the Horseshoe Bay car park which you have to pass through before you get to the beach, so either way you should be good. But if there are 4 of you, getting a cab would probably be my preference.

Oh, and just for your info, the weather here in Bermuda has been glorious all week. The forecast says change could be on the way for later on Saturday, but I hope it holds out for you when you arrive.

Happy sailing.

Paul, thank you soooo much, I did not realize that you are there now. We arrive on Monday so hopefully what ever weather you get on Saturday will be long gone by Monday!! Thanks for the tip, I think will do the cab. Would $15 or so be a good estimate on the cost one way to HS Bay???

shelleyr25 asked: ....Would $15 or so be a good estimate on the cost one way to HS Bay?.....

More like $23-$24 dollars, one way, 1 to 4 paxs. For a bus, a route #7 inbound will get you to HSB in about 35 minutes. The buses run every 30 minutes and with a cruise ship in, a special direct bus from the Dockyard to HSB is run.

SBtS

shelleyr25 asked: ....Would $15 or so be a good estimate on the cost one way to HS Bay?.....

More like $23-$24 dollars, one way, 1 to 4 paxs. For a bus, a route #7 inbound will get you to HSB in about 35 minutes. The buses run every 30 minutes and with a cruise ship in, a special direct bus from the Dockyard to HSB is run.

SBtS

Thanks for the info, one last question....are the bathrooms and snack bar opened now or just in the summer???

Another consideration on the bus vs. cab debate is that it is a good long hill to the beach from the bus. Down to the beach isn't that big a deal...back up the hill...well... There is a man with a van who takes people up the hill for $2 per person. (Or, there was last May. I'm not sure if he does that in April)

That actually may make taking a cab right from the dockyard seem more affordable! If there are four of you, and you aren't planning to travel around but just hit the beach and back to the ship, adding up bus fares and "hill shuttle" fares might tip the balance.

If you *do* take a cab and feel like spending a little extra, you could take a detour up to Gibb's Lighthouse for some views on the way back. The views from the hill are almost as good as those on top of the lighthouse without the potential vertigo. :D

Thanks for that additional info. I think we have decided to do the bus and buy the 2 day pass since we are hoping to make it to the caves as well so then it will be worth spending the money. Well...back to packing..thanks again!!

HAPPY Cruise to youall!

The Bus/Ferry Pass is a great basis and well.

On the Caves .. GET THERE EARLY. Avoiding the crowds helps a lot Maam especially on the stairs.

Thanks for that additional info. I think we have decided to do the bus and buy the 2 day pass since we are hoping to make it to the caves as well so then it will be worth spending the money. Well...back to packing..thanks again!!

Archived