Cruises April 2011 close to NJ? Please help me pick

sguywilson

Just curious...

Already planning for next year...Looking to depart anywhere from 3/30 to 4/3 of 2011 out of a port that's driving distance from NJ...So that leaves me with NYC, Baltimore, Charleston, and the farthest I would drive would be Jacksonville. It's always too expensive to fly.

Is this all I have to choose from or will they still be adding cruises.

So far my choices are:

9-day Bahamas RC Enchant. of Seas out of Baltimore

9-day Caribbean RC Expolorer of Seas out of NYC

7-day Bahamas NCL on Jewel or Gem departing days apart out of NYC

7-day Bahamas Carn. Pride out of Baltimore

10-day Caribbean/Mexico Celebrity Mercury out of Charleston

I like the 10-day but that ship looks like its really old :(

What do you think?

I have sailed on the Norwegian Jewel extensively (25 days total) and know she's in GREAT shape! Her Hotel Director is amazing and keeps the crew happy which makes you happy. Now mind you they're going to have some new Nickelodeon stuff onboard that shouldn't deter you from taking this cruise. It's been a blast all the times I've been onboard her and this last time Norwegian Cruise Lines really out did themselves! It was a PERFECT vacation. I'm even considering on sailing on her again this year out of NYC in August if the rental with friends for Provincetown falls through.

I highly recommend the Norwegian Jewel if you have her in your options. John O'Hara, the Hotel Director is phenomenal and goes out of his way to make sure each and every guest has a fantastic time onboard! :) Also, DJ Jean is the BEST NCL vocal house DJ on their fleet! If you love night life this ship is going to have some of the best hetero nightlife at sea! :D

Thanks for the reply...I appreciate it...I don't make a lot of money and the Miss's just informed me that if I want to go on vacation next year that I will have to save the money and not steal it from the tax refund so have to plan early.

The Jewel it is!!

Archived