Freeport help-no response on other boards!

NHLady

I know I should have posted on the "destinations" board, but I got only responses on Nassau. I thought since everyone here is so friendly, I'd try one more time before we head out on Saturday. We're going to be on the Fantasy and our first port is Freeport. We have a 8 year-old and a 3 year old. Looking for an excursion. Have 8 hours there. Is there a decent beach to go to? Will it even be warm enough to swim?? (After -10* weather here this week, I'm sure it will feel warm enough, but is it really?) Has anyone done the Glass Bottom Boat in Freeport? Tranquility shores? (although their web site says they're closed on Mondays-is that just to the general public since the cruise ship is in port? Pirates of the Baghamas Beach party? Any advice you can give us would be great.

Thanks, (as always!!) Karen

I'm sorry you haven't gotten a response. I can't help you either. We were in Freeport off the Miracle this past June but my kids are older and we did a snorkel excursion which was fabulous. Obviously, your kids are too young for that. I hope someone gets back to you soon.

I did the Freeport Snorkel Tour in June. It was fun, but it seemed crowded. I had to constantly watch so I didn't get kicked in the head by someone. The water was very clear maybe 10-20 ft deep with many varieties of creatures.

Some friend went to the Pirates of the Bahamas Beach Party and they had a great time - good food, volleyball, beach, etc.

We went to the beach for the day...just walked through the lobby of one of the hotels, sauntered out the beach, and hung out there. Wish I could remember the name! Port Lucaya? Does that sound right? Just tell the taxi cab driver you want Port Lucaya...

We waited and did our excursion in Nassau with Stuarts Cove and did a wonderful snorkeling excursion.

Sitting on the beach on a Monday morning/afternoon was wonderful! Great water, great sand, BEAUTIFUL! There is an Internationl Bazaar across the street, and we ate lunch over there, browsed the shops, and headed back to the boat.

Have fun!

Stef

I can't help because we will be doing our first cruise next weekend on the Fantasy and will be at Freeport on the 7th of Feb. But we are hoping to do the Glass bottom boat and a little shopping (We will not have any children with us though) . I hope you have a great time!!:rolleyes:

I knew I could count on you guys for some good suggestions!

Beaming90: I'l TRY and report back if we dothe glass bottom boat. If I don't get back to you, have a great cruise!!

Karen

I had heard that the Pat and Diane’s Snorkel is supposed to be good. It is not offered by Carnival you have to sign up separately. I am thinking about taking that tour in April - anyone have any experience with that one?

Tony.

We went to the beach for the day...just walked through the lobby of one of the hotels, sauntered out the beach, and hung out there. Wish I could remember the name! Port Lucaya? Does that sound right? Just tell the taxi cab driver you want Port Lucaya...

We waited and did our excursion in Nassau with Stuarts Cove and did a wonderful snorkeling excursion.

Sitting on the beach on a Monday morning/afternoon was wonderful! Great water, great sand, BEAUTIFUL! There is an Internationl Bazaar across the street, and we ate lunch over there, browsed the shops, and headed back to the boat.

Have fun!

We did this same thing and had a great day. Nice beach area, drinks and food available not bad prices that I remember. The little market across the street was nice too.

Archived