Summit side or aft?

swimmer722

We are booked on the Summit for Mex Riv. We currently have 6144 booked, which I know is a great cabin. There may also be the option of moving to 7206 on the aft. Does anyone know what each of those cabins overlook? Do the aft cabins look directly down to the water or do they look down on the top of the penthouse suites below? What about cabin 6144 - does it look down on another part of the ship, or directly down to the water. Silly questions, I know, but just want to make the best decision I can. Right now, it seems like I may just stay with 6144. If anyone has any pictures of either of these cabins that would be great! Thanks for your help.

We were in FV 7201 & it does look down onto the 1/2 of the PH's decks that are exposed, but yes, you can see the water perfectly & at night, there is a light posted on the back of the ship that shines out onto the wake--truly beautiful to look at! I wouldn't hesitate to take an aft cabin on this ship as long as you're comfortable with the size of the room, the balconies are HUGE!!!

I would take an aft cabin over most any others. The balconies are huge, and you still have privacy. Watching the wake is hypnotizing and relaxing. You might be able to see a small piece of the veranda below, but it won't interfer with your overall view. One reason I like the aft is that you can see in both directions, whereas on the side that's your view--the side. This makes picture taking of sunrises and sunsets ideal, plus no matter which side the ship faces in dock, you can still see the shore. You're protected from the wind which can be bothersome at times, and even if it's raining you can still sit outside because of the overhang over 1/2 of the balcony. Garry

I would take the aft balcony if you have a choice. You are able to see the water and the wake is so calming. The faint music or singer from deck 10 is an added extra. We felt like we had our own private entertainment. We spent alot more time on our balcony than I had expected. Agree with panoramic view being able to see both sides and back better than being on side. We liked the aft balcony so much we booked the same room for next year on a different ship.

Cindy

Thanks for your help.

If it helps you decide, check the picture link below. While the cabins are somewhat foreshortened from what you'll see in this set (this was an inner FV cabin), the verandas of the aft CC cabins in between are exactly what you'll see here.

I now know heaven on earth with the AFT CC stateroom. 9201 especially, the balcony so roomy that I wanted to put the bed out there...... so now it is a joke with my TA & Husband. 200 sq feet, bigger than the stateroom too!

Having a table for 4 is great also, so friends you make may have a private dinner with you & not that hustle of the dining room & dressing, etc. We had an entertainer up for dinner, he brought the wine, and no autographs which he appreciated.

I would take the aft balcony if you have a choice. You are able to see the water and the wake is so calming. The faint music or singer from deck 10 is an added extra. We felt like we had our own private entertainment. We spent alot more time on our balcony than I had expected. Agree with panoramic view being able to see both sides and back better than being on side. We liked the aft balcony so much we booked the same room for next year on a different ship.

Cindy

Archived