Cozumel Help!!!

gquest

I want to get some advice from some experienced travelers on what I should do for the 12 hours I will be in Cozumel. I understand this is pretty subjective, but any feedback will help. Here is a list of things that I am interested in doing while I am in Cozumel, followed by three possible scenarios.

• Dzul-Ha
  • San Gervasio
  • Paradise Beach
  • Shopping
  • Carlos'n Charlies

Plan A: Get off the ship and head for Dzul-Ha. Snorkel there for an hour or so and then head to Paradise Beach. At Paradise I was going to layout, eat & drink and either rent wave runners or go parasailing. From there, I was going to head back into town and to do some shopping, eat dinner, and party at Carlos'n Charlies.

Plan B: Get off the ship and head for San Gervasio. After that I would go to Paradise Beach to layout, eat & drink, and either rent wave runners or go para sailing. From there, I would head back into town and to do some shopping, eat dinner, and party at Carlos'n Charlies.

Plan C: Get off the ship and head for San Gervasio. After that I was going to go to Paradise Beach to layout, eat & drink and either rent wave runners or go parasailing. From there, I would go to Dzul-Ha to snorkel for a while and finally head back into town to eat dinner, and party at Carlos'n Charlies (skipping the shopping).

**Are any of these plans feasible? Are there any modifications that I should make considering the 12 hour time constraint? How is the shopping in Cozumel? Is it worth my time? Does any one have any recommendations for dinner ("A good Bang for the Buck")? Finally, which scenario should I chose? I will be with four other people, ranging in age from 20-26 years old. Thank you in advance for all you help.

With that much time in port, you should consider the Snuba tour with Mayan Paradise Tours. Anyone in your group not wanting to Snuba can go and just snorkel. We did it last week and you can read about my day here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=127753

It was a great way to get our day started off. Their website is www.snubacozumel.com

Good luck!

Bob

First what are the hours of your 12???

Are you planning on renting a car or using cabs??? Cabs may get expensive for so many stops.

The island is not that big, you can drive a full circle around it in about an hour. If you rent a car you could do everything on your list, but suggest you return the car before going to C & C's, most likely you will not be at your best behind the wheel after some time there.

Get a good map try http://www.cancunmap.com/

They will mail you a great map of the island that will make getting around very easy.

Due to heat- go to San Gervasio first while it is cooler in the jungle. You can then either do a circle around the east side of the island(I suggest this way) and check out the beaches over there. Then go the Paradise Beach to hang out for as many hours as you want. Dzul Ha is between PB and town, you can stop there to snorkel either before or after PB. They are about 10 minutes apart. Then into town if you want to shop, drop of purchases at ship and return the car and head to C&C's. It's a pretty full day, but with 12 hours you have plenty of time and will probably run out of energy before you run out of time.

Have Fun

Rich

Your list of options all sound very do-able, but part of it depends on what pier your ship is docking at. If it's coming into Punta Langosta, ending up at C&C's is the way to go. If it's coming into Puerta Maya, or International, your taxi fares will be pretty high & I would consider renting a car for the day, it will probably end up being quite a bit less expensive. I've been to San Gervasio & wasn't that impressed for the distance you have to go, especially if you take a taxi. In any case, I'm sure you'll have a ton of fun. :D

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the advice!!! Oh, here are the answers to the questions you guys asked. I will be in Cozumel from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm on March 9, 2005. The ship I will be sailing on is the Carnival Valor. I was thinking of renting a car, but I wanted to have a few drinks at Paradise Beach (nothing crazy) and I don't think the two of these would mix very well. Is San Gervasio worth the drive or should I just snorkel and lounge for the day? How is the shopping experience? How does Dzul-Ha compare to a snokel trip I could do by boat? Where should I eat dinner? Is the food any good at Carlos'n Charlies? Thanks again for all you help:).

Archived