What are your "MUST HAVES" on a cruise?

Jaymee287

I brought a power strip on Legend and never even opened it (actually forgot it and bought a new one on the way to Tampa); however, we definitely used it on Holiday.

Someone suggested to me an over-the-door shoe holder and I've done that both times and really loved it. It's good for shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen, makeup, bug spray, lotions, etc. which I am thinking it might really come in handy for three women in a cabin. It's nice to just be able to see everything and not have to use drawer space.

I take a Nike drawstring bag or a crossbody purse or both.

My Must Have List:

-your usual meds/over the counter stuff - just in case

-sunscreen/sunhat/beach safe

-ipod and ipod speakers for the cabin!

-clips for the bottom of the shower curtain so it does not 'attack' me when I shower (also good for clipping your towel to your lounger on a windy day!).

-water shoes/snorkel/mask and a beach bag

-camera/chargers

-sunglasses

-insulated coffee mug (for hot or cold drinks)

-lysol wipes

-$1 bills for tips

-post it notes (good for leaving notes for stewards, friends/family)

Wow - no wonder my suitcase is always so heavy :D (p.s. you don't need to bring extra hangers with you - simply ask your room steward for some if you need them - I always get lots of extras as required!).

My pillow and my fan. I cant not sleep with out either. I left my pillow at home before and have been miserable! Sleeping with a fan is also hard for me. I am a very light sleeper and I need the background noise as well as the air circulation.

Also having MY clothes helps! The first time I went to Garmisch, Germany..I had packed everyone's stuff, put it in the truck and left...I got to Garmisch which was about 300 miles away from where we lived and unpacked only to find I had left my suitcase in the hall still at my home. There happened to a small Army post there and I was able to get underwear, and a couple of changes of clothes but I was sure NOT happy. We were gone a week and I had 2 changes of clothes for the ENTIRE week!

Last cruise I also took a toiletry case that hangs up on the wall. I absolutely loved having it. Everyone had their on section for their needs! Of course, that was traveling with my DH and 2 kids in an inside cabin where ther was not a lot of room. Definitely helped with 4 people in one room!

I love all of the helpful replies that everyone has left! Really helps!

The kind that goes over the door.

keys, glasses, hats, cameras, i-pods, chargers, swim goggles, suntan lotion, change - ALL THE LITTLE things that can drive you nuts and get messy.....they all go in there, and have a "home".

Makes the rest of the cabin easy to navigate.

Go cups for morning coffee...there are no coffee makers in the staterooms so I always get up before my DW and get her and I a coffee to sip on our balcony in the early morning...:)

One work of advise...."Roomservice" Have them deliver the carafe and then you can drink more than 1 cup on your balcony:D

Okay I am sure I will list alot of things that have been said but here is my list of must haves,

1 power strip

2 small flashlight

3 small fan

4 good book

5 ipod

6 small clock

7 and an open mind to have fun.

1. Boat.
  2. Ocean.

Ha! This was my favorite answer!

Someone mentioned post-it notes and I agree - they were VERY helpful! We not only left notes for our steward ...but also for each other and on the door of the friends we were traveling with! ;)

We leave in 56 days, and we're curious........What are some of the things you can't leave your house without for a cruise (besides the obivious LOL)?

Things suggested to leave at home, don't need to waste suitcase space?

What are things you HAVE to do on the ship?

We will be on the Legend, for a 7 day Western Caribbean :)

If you have any suggestions or tips for first time cruisers, your more than welcome to post them as well!

Jaymee, Bridget, & Kristina

Collapsible cooler, fan, power strip, extension cord, waterproof bag.

Archived