Help with rollaway

doolange

I am booked in cabin 1388 on the Voyager. I called my travel agent to ask if I could request a rollaway in that cabin because my 11 year old daughter and 12 year old son don't belong in the pull out couch. The travel agent said that RCI told her that the two twins that push together for my husband and I can be used for the kids and my husband and I can sleep on the pull out. Yeah right! A double pull out! Not happening! Anyway, does anyone know how to get RCI to put a roll away in the room? I read on these boards that it can be done. Any advice?

I am not certain, but it sounds to me like RCCL charges (Don't know for a fact) for a roll away. I have been in the hotel industry for nearly 20 years and I know that roll away bed charges are non commisionable. I hope you have an honest travel agent. I could call RCCL directly 1-800-327-6700

Can you just switch to two cabins and drop down from a JS? I will be in 1394 with my DH and two kids and they will share the bed. A girl 14 and son 11. I am going to just put one under the sheet and one over the sheet and a blanket over both if needed. Its not a big deal for us, the kids sleep on our sleeper sofa almost every weekend so they can watch movies and TV.

I booked cabin 1388 because here on the boards they said it is the best bargain out there. JS size for a D1 price. The room is the size of a suite. I really like the idea of a big balcony because it just gives more square footage to the room. Maybe I will try to throw the room steward a few bucks and he will find me one?!

We had the misfortune of booking a room on Carnival that had "a sleep sofa" It was not a pull out as we thought... but a couch that the ends came off and it was narrow... well we have a 6' plus son who didn't fit... they sent a rooll under the bed type thing up because there were no roll aways on the ship... it takes up alot of space and makes walking to the bathroom at night tricky... I would go with the JS

Granduer 1999

Victory 2001

Triumph 2003

Explorer 2005

I am not sure, but RCCL may be prohibited from putting another bed in the room due to fire hazzard and other types of laws/regulations. We have a family of 4, with two young children and they woulnd't book us in a JS cabin for 3 even though my kids would both fit together on the twin sofa bed...

I think it is best not to push the issue if it is for safety reasons. Maybe you can get a larger room or a room with two pullmans...

Hello. We booked a grand suite and they are willing to put a rollaway in the room .This means they must have them, but it may be a fire code restriction in a smaller rooo. Have your travel agent ask. Hope you have fun.

We have had a owners suite and a D1 cabin and have had a rollaway in both. When you arrive on the ship just ask your room attendant to bring one to the room. In the D1 cabin it was tight but it was fine. In the morning we would fold it up and put it in the corner so the room attendant would not have to do it. Just remember to give them a tip when they bring it.

You ask your room steward for the rollaway after you board. There is no charge for it. RCCL will not agree to a rollaway before you board - at least that has been our experience. You can only specify if you want the beds together or apart.

BUT: we have had a rollaway in a category C suite with no problem with room for it. However, in a D1 or lower level cabin they will not provide a rollaway since there is not enough room to set it up.

Actually you are not losing much, however! The rollaway mattress was in poor condition and neither of my children wanted to sleep on it anyway most of the time. As those of you who have seen the pull out sofabeds know, they are not the best. BUT my kids both preferred that to the rollaway! Amazing, huh?

So we do the daughter/wife and husband/son routine now that the kids are older. Getting 2 cabins is always more expensive, but more convenient. The other option we have used is booking the Royal Family Suite that sleeps 8 people. Expensive but very nice IF you can get it!

Cabin numbers that begin with a 1 are usually on Deck 10. On most ships the cabins on Deck 1 are for staff. This may be different on other cruise lines, but I believe this is the case on Royal Caribbean.

Cruiser21,

It must depend on the room steward or the ship then. We have asked on various cruises (cannot recall which ones now) and have gotten various responses from the room steward.

In the catory JS © suite we never had to deal with the rollaway urselves. The cabin attendent put it away in the morning and got it out at night. It was rather crowded when it was out but you could walk around it with some effort.

Archived