Local place to get conch fritters

abaci

We will be on Grand Turk the end april and are looking for a local place to eat. I have heard alot of good things about Jack's Shack, but I read they don't have conch fritters. Is this true? My wife and I don't drink so we are just looking for a good local place to eat lunch. Location doesn't matter as we have a golf cart reserved from Nathan. Thanks

Jack's Shack does not serve conch fritters. They do sometimes have stewed conch or curried conch cooked by their great Jamaican chef, Leroy. There is a spot just north of downtown along the waterfront past the museum in a strip mall just opposite the Jamaican painted octagonal shops. Typical Grand Turk no sign place where they cook conch fritters and cracked conch. It is open during cruise ship calls

Jack's Shack does not serve conch fritters. They do sometimes have stewed conch or curried conch cooked by their great Jamaican chef, Leroy. There is a spot just north of downtown along the waterfront past the museum in a strip mall just opposite the Jamaican painted octagonal shops. Typical Grand Turk no sign place where they cook conch fritters and cracked conch. It is open during cruise ship calls

Thanks I will try and find it.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a museum on the back side of the island called Conch World. You can take the tour to learn about the conch and how important they are to the islands for $15. Out front of the museum they have a snack stand area where you can order conch fritters and I do beleive they had ceviche as well. We tried the fritters after we took the tour. They have a website you can look up info. They might have menu.

Archived