Help with deleting Countdown clocks

mississauga

I have read that you can delete the countdown clocks of posts but can't remember how to do it. Never had problems before but lately, some of the countdown clocks on some of the postings seem to slow my laptop down going from post to post.

Can someone tell me how to do this? Thanks!

you can't really 'delete' them per se, but you can change your options so that it will not show other users' signatures (at all, not just countdown clocks)...

go to USER CP (control panel)... it's in the top left of each screen, below the cc logo...

click on 'edit options'

scroll down to the third box, 'display options'

and un-check 'show signatures'

that will disable showing of other users' signatures (and countdown clocks!) :D

you can't really 'delete' them per se, but you can change your options so that it will not show other users' signatures (at all, not just countdown clocks)...

go to USER CP (control panel)... it's in the top left of each screen, below the cc logo...

click on 'edit options'

scroll down to the third box, 'display options'

and un-check 'show signatures'

that will disable showing of other users' signatures (and countdown clocks!) :D

Thanks Mark for your step by step instructions. You are always such a great help tp posters on CC. You are right...I was re-miss in saying "delete" because it is just for my personal option to not see them. I do wish the countdown clocks were not part of the signature because I do like to see the signatures. It's just that some countdown clocks are digital and need a long time to load, I guess and slows down the whole process.

BTW: While I'm on the subject of thanks (LOL), kudos to you for your always detailed and interesting reviews. You are an asset to CC.:D

Thanks Mark for your step by step instructions. You are always such a great help tp posters on CC. You are right...I was re-miss in saying "delete" because it is just for my personal option to not see them. I do wish the countdown clocks were not part of the signature because I do like to see the signatures. It's just that some countdown clocks are digital and need a long time to load, I guess and slows down the whole process.

BTW: While I'm on the subject of thanks (LOL), kudos to you for your always detailed and interesting reviews. You are an asset to CC.:D

you're welcome! i try to help out wherever i can ;)

and thanks for the compliment, i'm glad that you enjoy my reviews! i appreciate the kudos :cool:

Archived