Sunsets in Bermuda

DoggyDaddy

To view ? Or pictures of it?

Well the best is where you will be I think as by the time your in the Bermuda Islands you will have planned it ...

Looking due West for an unobstructed view may best be from Gibbs Lighthouse..or Fort Hamilton for a great bay view...etc...etc..

To me all views of and/or in Bermuda are excellent!;)

We will be visiting Bermuda in late May, at the Dockyards. Where would the best places to view sunsets?

DD

We will be visiting Bermuda in late May, at the Dockyards. Where would the best places to view sunsets? DD

As AAAAmerican says; do you want to 'view' or take shots?

Are you prepared to travel away from Dockyard to do so?

I have a few favoured spots !

Thanks for the info. We are planning to spend a day in St Georges, a day in Hamilton, and the last day in the Dockyards so we might try to catch the sunset either in the harbors, restaurants, or beaches. We will probably do the Harbor Nights in Hamilton on Wednesday evening. If there are some pretty spots in that area to view or take pictures of the sunset, we would appreciate the info.

DoggyDaddy,

One spectacular event of which i am not able to partake the breathtaking views this year is.. the House and Garden Tours.

Which are held every May on each Wednesday.

You well may want to set aside some.....and/or as i have always done when available there ....then the whole day..

What is some of thye nicest flora anywhere in the world your able to partake of and share the views as well meet the home owners who care for them too...

Costs are minimal.. if you want bring each home owner a small gift from where youall live too.. :D

Most are near the transport lines of buses and ferries.. some require a short walkabout to them .. but getting there and to the next is half the fun...;)

Thanks for the info. We are planning to spend a day in St Georges, a day in Hamilton, and the last day in the Dockyards so we might try to catch the sunset either in the harbors, restaurants, or beaches. We will probably do the Harbor Nights in Hamilton on Wednesday evening. If there are some pretty spots in that area to view or take pictures of the sunset, we would appreciate the info.

One spectacular event of which i am not able to partake the breathtaking views this year is.. the House and Garden Tours.

Which are held every May on each Wednesday.

That sounds wonderful! I can't find any information about the tours any more current than 2008. Do you know how I can find out more?

Milaandra

It has been going on for a few years now.

The best way is by calling them, speaking about it with them.

Did you use BING.com the search engine too?

That sounds wonderful! I can't find any information about the tours any more current than 2008. Do you know how I can find out more?

By late May sunset will be between 20:15 / 20:20 local time...

Personally when taking sunset shots I like to have something of 'interest' in the shot, rather than simply the sun sinking over the sea's horizon...

You'll be hard pressed to get any decent sunset shots from Hamilton itself. Most of Hamilton faces south'ish... You might be lucky from the terrace at the Fairmont Princess Hotel; but some much better options close by Hamilton are;

- Lower Ferry

- Salt Kettle Wharf

- Darrell's Wharf

If you time it right, you can ride a ferry over from Hamilton to any of these, then ride the ferry back to enjoy Harbour Night...

From the Dockyard area; you need to get out of Dockyard for sunset sightings; you'll be on the 'wrong side' of the harbour... It's a 20-30 minute stroll along the only road out (so you can't get lost!) to get to Lagoon Park. That will be your best bet without going too far from there...

The VERY BEST spot though (IMO!) for sunset shots is Flatt's Inlet... It's a very picturesque location and faces pretty-much due west, so the sunset lights up the whole of the inlet! If you're up for that; ride the bus to the Aquarium; enjoy the sunset, then ride the bus back into town for Harbour Night...

Hope that helps...

Have fun!

• 11 months later...
By late May sunset will be between 20:15 / 20:20 local time...

Personally when taking sunset shots I like to have something of 'interest' in the shot, rather than simply the sun sinking over the sea's horizon...

You'll be hard pressed to get any decent sunset shots from Hamilton itself. Most of Hamilton faces south'ish... You might be lucky from the terrace at the Fairmont Princess Hotel; but some much better options close by Hamilton are;

- Lower Ferry

- Salt Kettle Wharf

- Darrell's Wharf

If you time it right, you can ride a ferry over from Hamilton to any of these, then ride the ferry back to enjoy Harbour Night...

From the Dockyard area; you need to get out of Dockyard for sunset sightings; you'll be on the 'wrong side' of the harbour... It's a 20-30 minute stroll along the only road out (so you can't get lost!) to get to Lagoon Park. That will be your best bet without going too far from there...

The VERY BEST spot though (IMO!) for sunset shots is Flatt's Inlet... It's a very picturesque location and faces pretty-much due west, so the sunset lights up the whole of the inlet! If you're up for that; ride the bus to the Aquarium; enjoy the sunset, then ride the bus back into town for Harbour Night...

Hope that helps...

Have fun!

Do you happen to know the bus # to the Aquarium to see the sunset at Flatt's Inlet?

I was gathering information to answer a question asked here on West Whale Bay Park & Beach and found this posted: ..... Because of its location facing west, this beach is also perfect for watching the glow of Caribbean sunsets....

Source: http://bermuda-guide.info/attractions/beaches/west.whale.bay/

My comment. I don't think the author realizes where Bermuda is. It is not in the Caribbean or is Caribbean Sunsets a general term used for a beautiful sunset?

The advantage for this location is that it is about 6.4 miles from the wharves at the Dockyard. The disadvantage is that you would have to walk about .4 mile from the bus stop to get to the park for viewing.

You could take either route #7 or route #8 to get there and back.

SBtS

Wow, those are great sunset pictures Bermudiana!

Thanks Janice. I posted those to show that there are good places to take in the sunset almost anywhere in Bermuda. I have some great ones from the Fairmont Hamilton Princess as well. Just don't have them on my computer :(

Does anyone know about Breezes at Cambridge Beach for sunsets? They advertise that they have beautiful sunsets but I was wondering if anyone could give us definite information on this fact. We thought we could go for drinks and/or dinner while enjoying the sunset if this is a good spot. Thanks for any info you could give us.

Archived