Pictures owners suite on Sun

szdiver

Does anyone have pictures of an owners suite on the NCL Sun? The ones I find are too small to see clearly. Does the bedroom have a door you can close with another person sleeping on sofa?

Yes there are two frosted glass doors that seperate the bedroom from the sitting area. And an Enormous Balcony with a hot tub.;)

Yes there are two frosted glass doors that seperate the bedroom from the sitting area. And an Enormous Balcony with a hot tub.;)

I love the AA on the Sun, my favorite suite on that ship (yes, even better than the famous AC!). One small warning though. Don't get the suite just for the hot tub, you will likely be disappointed. Hot tub is nothing more than a glorified bath tub - needs to be filled each time, is not very deep (need to lie down to cover upper body), water was never quite hot enough for us, and a lot of the bubbler covers were missing, making it a bit uncomfortable to "slide around".

All in all, the suite is not as modern as some of the newer ships, but I love the Sun and only wish an AA was available for the sailing we are looking at next month.... BTW, the sliders you see in the photos open on the living room, bedroom, and the closet!

Robin

I love the AA on the Sun, my favorite suite on that ship (yes, even better than the famous AC!). One small warning though. Don't get the suite just for the hot tub, you will likely be disappointed. Hot tub is nothing more than a glorified bath tub - needs to be filled each time, is not very deep (need to lie down to cover upper body), water was never quite hot enough for us, and a lot of the bubbler covers were missing, making it a bit uncomfortable to "slide around".

All in all, the suite is not as modern as some of the newer ships, but I love the Sun and only wish an AA was available for the sailing we are looking at next month.... BTW, the sliders you see in the photos open on the living room, bedroom, and the closet!

Robin

What's the famous AC? This is one ship and penthouse we hope to book.

• 3 weeks later...
What's the famous AC? This is one ship and penthouse we hope to book.

Everybody raves about the AC suite on the Sun... I have been in both the AC and the AA and definitely prefer the AA (I am not a huge fan of aft balconies like some others). The main advantage of the AC for me was proximity to the restaurants - it's a long walk from the AA and some of it outside if you don't want to do the "elevator down, walk across, elevator up" route to Le Bistro, Sports Bar, East Meets West, etc. Another AC advantage is being able to keep the balcony doors open all day and night (hard to do with the forward facing AAs).. But otherwise the AA has it hands down!

Robin

Are those real stairs I thought I saw going in and out of the pool???

They are steps, but the hot tub isn't really a pool, nor really a hot tub - more like a bathtub... Nothing like the hot tubs in the Garden Villas...

Robin

No, I don't mean the hot tubs. The steps go in and out of the pool, correct? I personally never use a hot tub in any public place, cruise ship or hotel. But I am curious about the pool. I see vertical ladders also and hope there really are steps!

No, I don't mean the hot tubs. The steps go in and out of the pool, correct? I personally never use a hot tub in any public place, cruise ship or hotel. But I am curious about the pool. I see vertical ladders also and hope there really are steps!

Can't help you with the pool steps, we never went in the pool on the Sun! (Not sure which photos you are looking at). But as for the hot tub in the AA suite balcony on the Sun, it's perfectly safe - as safe as any bathtub - you fill it with fresh hot water every time you use it.

Robin

Archived