Is 11:20 am too early from MIA or FLL?

keishashadow

the rates dropped on the earlier fights out after our cruise. We're currently booked on evening connecting flight out of FLL & i am soooo tempted to switch to flight departing from MIA or FLL both leaving @ 11:20 am.

the flight from MIA is direct & we'd be home be back home 8 hours earlier, a bonus as the mr has to work the next am.

if we self disembark & have arrangements for private transport, would we be relatively safe with either of the flights?

ive never cut it this close in any travel, makes me nervous in that i've read reports of how long security can take to clear @ the miami airport.:confused:

Has anybody made such early flights comfortably? The CCL website states:

Miami - earliest return flight after 11:30 AM for Miami; 12:00 PM for Ft. Lauderdale

We've taken three 11 am (ish!) flights out of Miami and FLL in the past two years and we've had no problems with making any of the flights. I would definitely do self assist debarkation. I was nervous each time about an early flight and ended up with plenty of time to spare at the airports. I know there are many horror stories about trying to make early flights, but it's always worked for us.

thanx, main thing im worried about is possibility of ship docking late, yet i don't think i've ready any reports of it on this board except for 1 incident during storm season.

confirmation states the destiny docks @ 8 am. I read a TR today that indicated the ship was cleared for self disembark by 7 am. not sure if that is a fluke or not?

I just got off the Carnival Freedom and our itinerary also said the ship was supposed to dock at 8am. However, we docked around 6:00am or before, and we were off the ship by 7am.

I figured a lot of things could possibly go wrong and we would miss our flight, but I was willing to take that risk. Chances are you'll be just fine!

We were able to catch our 10:25 am flight out of MIA with lots of time to spare. Just do the self disembarkation, and make sure your transportation arrangements are finalized - we arranged for a car through Quality Limo Service. As long as the ship docks on time, you should be fine.

Archived