Emotional ?

OMG - me too (altho too embarrassed usually to admit it) - I find myself tearing up when they sing THAT song on the last night - then I have to say goodbye to the waiters and some of my tablemates.....boohoo :( (and yes I cry at the movies and certain commercials so affect me that way:rolleyes:)

Count me in as one of that crowd.:o

I always get a little teary eyed on the last night when they sing "Leaving Our Fun Ship"...but, then again - I cry at EVERYTHING!!! Commercials, movies, etc. Just to prove how bad I am - I cry every time I see Bruce Almighty - and that's a comedy!!!:eek:

Anyway - count me in the "emotional" crowd.

Ashley :)

I'm SO glad I'm not the only one that does this! It's EMBARRASSING. I cry at everything too, and people just look at me as if I'm NUTS!!! Especially the "Leaving Our Fun Ship" song! LOL

I've only cruised once, and the last day at sea was a little sad. But the day we girls got off the ship and all the way home, which included a nightmarish 10-hour delay in Atlanta, I kept clinging to the afterglow. Instead of complaining about the travel glitch, we kept reminding ourselves how lucky we were to be returning from a wintertime cruise to the Bahamas! When we kept having to change gates in Atlanta, we'd say, "At least we don't have to change terminals!" And throughout that loooong day, we remained grateful that the travel problems happened on the way HOME instead of on the way there.

So we were sorry our trip was ending, but we tried to remain upbeat about the fact that we even went. That warm, fuzzy feeling stayed with me for about a week, and THEN I finally got sad!

I start to get a little emotional, or rather "bummed" the last night. We have a pact not to discuss leaving the ship until we are fixin to go to bed the night before and have already put our luggage in the hall. That way we don't spend a whole day thinking about it being our last. I start to think of how I will miss the mornings up on deck with only a few of my fellow travelers as I like to be up walking the deck at sunrise:o.

I get emotional at the beginning of cruises, generally on the first sea day. For me, looking out over the vast ocean I realize how truly blessed I am to be on a cruise with friends/family and it gets me kinda choked up.

I have to agree here. I like to think of myself as a big, tough guy. I cut my own firewood, watch football, hunt every chance I get. But on that final day of a cruise, when I see the total bill on our sign and sail account, tears often come to my eyes and I get a little choked up.

"Hey honey! Do you remember us ordering drinks at the disco at 2am on tuesday? I don't rememeber that at all. Oh wait, ya. Ok. Damn. Call your uncle Chet about getting a 2nd mortgage on the house."

I have to agree here. I like to think of myself as a big, tough guy. I cut my own firewood, watch football, hunt every chance I get. But on that final day of a cruise, when I see the total bill on our sign and sail account, tears often come to my eyes and I get a little choked up.

"Hey honey! Do you remember us ordering drinks at the disco at 2am on tuesday? I don't rememeber that at all. Oh wait, ya. Ok. Damn. Call your uncle Chet about getting a 2nd mortgage on the house."

OMG:eek: This is so funny:D

I, and I know others here have said, that they do get a bit weepy in the MDR during "Leaving Our Funship". As cheesy as it so obviously is, it's just a reminder of the truely wonderful time you've had a memories you've made that will last a lifetime. It's really not SAD tears, just kind of "bummer" tears, LOL.

I don't get terribly emotional, but sometimes a lump in my throat.

We usually meet another couple in the hotel, or in the shuttle, or at the pier. We usually click well with them and see them throughout the cruise, go to shows with them, and really get to know them. So when the end of the cruise comes, you know that these people that you have shared a week of your life with, you may never see again, it is kind of sad.

We met some wonderful people on the Splendor last October, we loved our table mates and the couple we met at the pier, these new friends really made the cruise for us. It is kind of weird that we will never see them again.

The people that we met at the hotel before the dream cruise and their children happen to live in the same city that we do, so there is a good chance of seeing them again!:D

We've been lucky enough to meet fellow CC'ers (on our roll call) who we TOTALLY clicked with. They actually flew up from FL to visit us last month and are sailing again with us on our next cruise. :D It's truely wonderful and rare to find friends like that as adults. Such a gift!

I get emotional but it's because I'm leaving my family...we live in Michigan and the rest of my family (parents, etc) live in Arizona. We meet in Florida and cruise together...so at the end of the week I do get emotional about leaving them - and usually I can be seen in tears the last day and night...:o

I get emotional but it's because I'm leaving my family...we live in Michigan and the rest of my family (parents, etc) live in Arizona. We meet in Florida and cruise together...so at the end of the week I do get emotional about leaving them - and usually I can be seen in tears the last day and night...:o

I think this may account for a lot of what people may be seeing. Some families meet up on the cruise for their vacation. Of course they are going to get emotional at the end because they are going their seperate ways again. You never know what is going on causing those emotions at the end. So be extra nice to them :)

Also some people cry when they see others crying so that could account for a chain reaction LOL

Archived