Has anyone stayed at Courtyard FLL Airport?

vacruisin

DW and I are thinking of changing our currently booked flights for our 3 July cruise to get in the day before as opposed to the day of sail. We are looking at possibly staying at the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port. If anyone has stayed there before could you please give me your opinion of the place? Also, how far is it from the port?

I stayed at the CourtYard Mariott FLL Airport in February before my cruise on the Glory. It was a nice hotel, but I found it to be quite expensive for what it offered. I did take advantage of their airport to hotel shuttle (even though the driver drove around the airport for a good half hour before filling the van to take us to the hotel) but my cruise was out of Miami, so I had a Carnival transfer for that. The hotel does have a shuttle to the FLL pier, it appears to be first come, first serve, and you sign up on a sheet at the hotel counter.

The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, the only thing nearby is a Bass Pro Shops and some seafood restaurant that serves "dolphin" - it's actually mahi mahi fish, which I didn't know at the time, and left disgusted, after the hostess did indeed confirm it was "dolphin." A trip to the commercial area where a number of restaurants and stores are is a $12 one way trip from the hotel.

I'd recommend looking into La Quinta, it was where I wanted to stay, but it was fully booked at the time. It is right in the commercial area, and as far as I know, they offer airport and cruise port shuttles as well, but don't quote me on the cruise port shuttle just in case :)

I stayed at the CourtYard Mariott FLL Airport in February before my cruise on the Glory. It was a nice hotel, but I found it to be quite expensive for what it offered. I did take advantage of their airport to hotel shuttle (even though the driver drove around the airport for a good half hour before filling the van to take us to the hotel) but my cruise was out of Miami, so I had a Carnival transfer for that. The hotel does have a shuttle to the FLL pier, it appears to be first come, first serve, and you sign up on a sheet at the hotel counter.

The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, the only thing nearby is a Bass Pro Shops and some seafood restaurant that serves "dolphin" - it's actually mahi mahi fish, which I didn't know at the time, and left disgusted, after the hostess did indeed confirm it was "dolphin." A trip to the commercial area where a number of restaurants and stores are is a $12 one way trip from the hotel.

I'd recommend looking into La Quinta, it was where I wanted to stay, but it was fully booked at the time. It is right in the commercial area, and as far as I know, they offer airport and cruise port shuttles as well, but don't quote me on the cruise port shuttle just in case :)

Thanks for the review. DW and I did change our flights and we're staying there with the airport to hotel and the hotel to port transfers included thru Carnival. We'll get in the evening before sailing and get to the hotel and go to one of the local restaurants for dinner (the wifey found 2 within 1/2 mile walking distance). We didn't know that you have to sign up at the front desk for the shutter to the port. :( :eek: Our plans are to catch the first shuttle going to the pier. I guess we'll need to sign up as soon as we get there (looks like the shuttle goes every hour starting at 10 am). Maybe we can call ahead and ask them to put our names on the list...hmmmmm. :rolleyes:

Archived