Southbound out of Seward/ 2011

Zoolander

Just took a look at the prices at the itineraries for next year in Alaska.:o

May. 2011. Southbound out of Seward.

If I am looking at this correctly, why such a huge discrepancy in price between the Royal Suite and Celebrity Suite? I have it being about 2.5K. Which is quite a bit more than normal.

When do the opportunities for the 55+ rates occur? :confused: I see them sometimes, but not all. Also, is the rate for only the 55+ passenger, or both of the room occupants?

And lastly, on these Tuesday Deals. Is there anybody on this board that has cruised Celebrity a bunch that thinks this is the way to go? :confused: Right now the rate for the Celebrity Suite is about $700 more next year than this year. With the 55+ discount, of course.

We have ALWAYS booked as early as possible and felt very good about it.:rolleyes: We have never seen the rates go lower than what we purchased ours for, but is it better with Celebrity to wait to book until we are closer to the date of the cruise?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :p

Thanks.:)

Just took a look at the prices at the itineraries for next year in Alaska.:o

May. 2011. Southbound out of Seward.

If I am looking at this correctly, why such a huge discrepancy in price between the Royal Suite and Celebrity Suite? I have it being about 2.5K. Which is quite a bit more than normal.

Sorry, can't answer this

When do the opportunities for the 55+ rates occur? :confused: I see them sometimes, but not all. Also, is the rate for only the 55+ passenger, or both of the room occupants?

From what I've seen 55+ rates occur very close to or after final payment. If after final payment you would get a ship credit. Only one passenger has to be 55+

And lastly, on these Tuesday Deals. Is there anybody on this board that has cruised Celebrity a bunch that thinks this is the way to go? :confused: Right now the rate for the Celebrity Suite is about $700 more next year than this year. With the 55+ discount, of course.

Since we are still working, have to plan vacations in advance, and have to fly to most ports we haven't looked at many Tuesday deals. We may take more advantage of them when retired.

We have ALWAYS booked as early as possible and felt very good about it.:rolleyes: We have never seen the rates go lower than what we purchased ours for, but is it better with Celebrity to wait to book until we are closer to the date of the cruise?

We usually book very early but have always gotten price reductions when we've seen them listed on line. We have 3 cruises booked right now and will be checking prices daily. On our last curise I checked in the afternoon and same price. Had a few minutes that evening and got a nice onboard credit because of a 55+ special.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :p

Thanks.:)

Mary Lou

Thanks.

I would like to hear what ChezMaryLou had to say. It didn't seem to come through.

So, we save 2.5K, but we lose a veranda, fresh air and the hot tub.

Any thoughts on the value lost. I have read numerous people talking about the view from the Celebrity Suite makes up for it, plus, the weather can destroy some of the importance of the veranda.

Any more thoughts?

Thanks again.

They charge what they can get - law of supply and demand. If it doesn't sell high the prices will drop. If it sells fast the prices will increase. They try to get it right from the start but it doesn't always work out that way - but sometimes it does.

As far as I know the 55+ prices are only offered if they need to run specials to boost sales down the road. I certainly wouldn't hold off on a category there are so few cabins for to see if I could save a few dollars, unless it wasn't worth it to me at all at the initial price.

General advice is to book ASAP and get an adjustment if the price goes down - but if a category where there are only a few cabins sells out you won't see any prices in the future - let alone a decrease. This happened to us on a C-1 cabin for a future cruise - the C-2's dropped but the C-1's were sold out so there is no price adjustment. I'm still happy as I have my preferred cabin at a price I was willing to book at.

Thanks.

I would like to hear what ChezMaryLou had to say. It didn't seem to come through.

So, we save 2.5K, but we lose a veranda, fresh air and the hot tub.

Any thoughts on the value lost. I have read numerous people talking about the view from the Celebrity Suite makes up for it, plus, the weather can destroy some of the importance of the veranda.

Any more thoughts?

Thanks again.

I've seen replies where the responder has quoted and answered each individual question. I don't know how they did that so I'll try this again another way. (giving your ? and my response) Maybe someone can give me some pointers.

?Price Discrepancy Answer from chezmarylou "Sorry, can't answer this"

?Opportunities for 55+ Answer from chezmarylou "From what I've seen 55+ and residency rates occur very close to or after final payment. If after final payment you would get a ship credit. Only one passenger has to be 55+"

?Tuesday Deals Answer from chezmarylou "Since we are still working, have to plan vacations in advance, and have to fly to most ports we haven't looked at many Tuesday deals. We may take more advantage of them when retired."

?Booking Early Answer from chezmarylou "We usually book very early but have always gotten price reductions when we've seen them listed on line. We have 3 cruises booked right now and will be checking prices daily. On our last curise I checked in the afternoon and same price. Had a few minutes that evening and got a nice onboard credit because of a 55+ special."

Which ever cabin you booked I'm sure you will enjoy your curise.

Mary Lou

Archived