Rumor information needed about zip line

Lyn3165

I read a review on CC posted on 4/10/10. He said that the zip line in Roatan at Mahogany Bay is closed due to safety reasons. Every other review I read said it was a great time? Is there and basis to the rumor?

Not sure about this particular rumour BUT I do know for a fact that the zipline in gumbalina park was closed because a lady died afew years back. No ziplining for me unless I am in a country with strict safety guidelines. I dont trust it.

I read a review on CC posted on 4/10/10. He said that the zip line in Roatan at Mahogany Bay is closed due to safety reasons. Every other review I read said it was a great time? Is there and basis to the rumor?

Could you post a link to the review thread? Or maybe which ship's forum it was on? If the weather was bad or the winds very strong, I can see the zip line closing itself down. Or if one of th elines needed a repair. But as previous poster states, reviews from last week seem to point to Clip N Zip being open, even when there were high wind issues on days that kept ships in port longer than intended.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=65670

This is the review (very negative one) that says the zip line is closed.

The cruise line does NOT own Clip N Zip. It's across from Mahogany Bay but not part of it. I believe the reference to the closed zip line is being made about the zip line Carnival used to use in excursions but due to safety issues closed the line and no longer offers the excursion. The review BTW is one big push to trust everything on tripadvisor. Belize is NOT a major shopping port. He pushes for independent tour vendors then blasts every vendor and taxi driver as rip off artists. Complains that his family of 4 spent $200 on sodas and virgin drinks over a 7 day cruise, Wow $7 per person per day! I should get by so cheaply (and I bring my own soda and liqour:D). Disses the CD then says it's nothing personal against the CD. Not saying he didn't have legitimate complaints (lack of focus on families versus single cruisers for example), just to not believe everything you read. And especially take negative reviews with a grain of salt.

Go to Clip N Zip's website and see their story and read the comments there. http://www.clipnziproatan.com/en/index.html Then have a great cruise whatever you decide to do.

Archived