Dream vs Legend

clearwater10

Have done 11 Carnival Cruises but not on the Spirit Class. Which one Legend or Dream. I am a avid cruiser with several lines. I have heard that Carnival can't handle all the people on the Dream. Lots of people don't bother me but if it causes problems with the service then i want to take that under consideration. I enjoy going on the new ships when they come out but the price is about 500 more. Also, if u have been on the Legend lately what are the big shows. I know they have the comedians, jugglers and hypnotist. But the two productions shows, what are they called? I heard Dancing in the Streets were good. We were on the Valor last year and we loved the shows and Musica Asia and Play That that played music in different venues. To me this is what made the trip better. Lousy entainment will effect my cruise so any input here would be appreciated.

Have done 11 Carnival Cruises but not on the Spirit Class. Which one Legend or Dream. I am a avid cruiser with several lines. I have heard that Carnival can't handle all the people on the Dream. Lots of people don't bother me but if it causes problems with the service then i want to take that under consideration. I enjoy going on the new ships when they come out but the price is about 500 more. Also, if u have been on the Legend lately what are the big shows. I know they have the comedians, jugglers and hypnotist. But the two productions shows, what are they called? I heard Dancing in the Streets were good. We were on the Valor last year and we loved the shows and Musica Asia and Play That that played music in different venues. To me this is what made the trip better. Lousy entainment will effect my cruise so any input here would be appreciated.

My PO.. is try the Spirit class.. havent sailed the Dream.. but have sailed the Legend twice and LUV that ship and layout the aft area is the best... We were actually gonna do a group cruise next year on the Dream.. and switched to the Liberty instead;)

Our last cruise aboard "Legend" was in September of '09, and at that time the shows were "Jazz Hot", and "The Big Easy". Both EXCELLENT shows IMO. They don't change the shows very often, so I suspect that the shows are still the same.

Have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"

Our last cruise aboard "Legend" was in September of '09, and at that time the shows were "Jazz Hot", and "The Big Easy". Both EXCELLENT shows IMO. They don't change the shows very often, so I suspect that the shows are still the same.

Have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"

Yes those were the shows on the Legend 3/28 - 4/4. They were great! :)

Spirit class for me. The dawn is just a bigger version of the Freedom class ships. They are not pax friendly. To many people and not enough room at the Lido, the main theater and any other public areas ..

Yes those were the shows on the Legend 3/28 - 4/4. They were great! :)

Could u tell me about the bands that were playing around the legend during your cruise. The top 40 band and the one man band and such. We really enjoyed the ones on the Valor last year but have had some that weren't very entertaining. Thanks

If you liked Music Asia (I did), then you probably won't care for the band on the Dream. Currently (and apparently through the early fall) it is Blackjack. I saw them on the Dream in February, and they (IMHO) are lame... too "easy listening" -- nothing to rock with!

Tom

Dancin' In The Street is a really great show, but we'd pick The Legend over The Dream anytime, having been on both.

I disagree with the comment about easy listening. I saw Blackjack band in March and they ROCKED! Had the whole crowd on their feet!!!

What songs were they playing in that set? I happened by 3 separate times and was underwhelmed.

Tom

as I recall, they played some Journey, Heart, Guns N Roses, etc. I thought they were pretty good.

Interesting -- I wonder if there are TWO bands! :eek:

At any rate, if they are still there in November - I will give a listen again!

Tom

Dancin' In The Street is a really great show, but we'd pick The Legend over The Dream anytime, having been on both.

We agree....1,000,000 percent.

Night and Day to us. Somehow on Legend you have plenty of room to do whatever. Everything feels smooth/organized. Plenty of chairs...less hogs.

On Dream keep your eyes wide open at all times.....you simply have much less room to move around . Crowded. Heavily hogged. And expect the ship to roll more than Legend........because it does !

Decent shows, great hard-working crew, ok food, and as always the "fun experience" theme on each ship. We love Carnival.

Archived