Hot Breakfast from Room Service

suncruising

"Buddy", "Fella", "Mac" are usually considered fighting words and best left out of postings, IOHO.

Uh-oh, I may have to change my name! :D

I had great luck last fall on the Sapphire. I ordered hot items each morning by just writing them in on the room service order form. I kept them simple: scrambled eggs with bacon, or omelet with bacon, Eggs with hash browns. Did this for 4 mornings on the cruise and got everything I ordered on the tray

I've had similar luck, though I usually only ask for a couple of hard boiled eggs. Good protien start for someone who is NOT a morning person.

Thank you all for your responses to my question about charges in the International Cafe.

The items in their display cases looked so appealing on our last trip. I plan to try them on our cruise next April! Anne

The cashew chicken waldof salad is the best. I could eat it all day ... and have! :D The shrimp salad is great too and so are the grilled sandwiches. On my last trip on the Golden I think I ate 80% of my lunches and breakfasts at the IC.

Holland American does both every day by the way. We really a enjoy a hot breakfast in our cabin when we cruise HAL.

HAL also has a bath tub in every cabin.

We like Princess though for some other things.

Each cruiseline has its pluses and minuses.

Well, HAL does NOT have a bathtub in every cabin!! However, they DO offer hot breakfasts on their Room Service Menu....one of the many reasons I like HAL.

HAL does NOT have a bathroom in every cabin. Where did you get that idea? I've been on several HAL cruises, the latest being last October, and I have NEVER had a bathtub. Check the deck plan.

There's been a bathroom in every HAL cabin I've ever stayed in!! In fact, there's been a bathroom in every cabin on every cruise line that I've ever stayed in!! ;):p Too funny!!

However, there is not a BATHTUB in every bathroom in every cabin - some do indeed, just have a shower only.

There's been a bathroom in every HAL cabin I've ever stayed in!! In fact, there's been a bathroom in every cabin on every cruise line that I've ever stayed in!! ;):p Too funny!!

However, there is not a BATHTUB in every bathroom in every cabin - some do indeed, just have a shower only.

Still laughing! Now, I'm off to my HAL bathroom in my HAL condo to see if my HAL bathtub is still there.

Take a look at some of the other posts, like "we want a hot ... breakfast." It is really difficult to get "hot" eggs from stove to customer (or even in my house from stove to table) without some cooling involved. I suspect that Princess received many negative comments about food not being hot in the a.m., which drove them to conclude they could not deliver the quality service people want with hot breakfasts.

There may be a fallacy in your argument here. In my opinion, it is all about the Benjamins. Princess wants people to purchase their champagne balcony breakfast.

Now, if the issue is that room service is not able to deliver a hot food to the staterooms; then, why do they offer hot plates for lunch and dinner (for free) which include:

Hot Dishes

• Soup of the Day
  • Croque Monsieur
  • Grilled Hamburger or Cheeseburger
  • Hot Dog
  • Grilled Chicken Sandwich

We were on the CP last summer and when my husband called Room Service in the morning to order breakfast, they asked him what he wanted. He said, "I would LOVE bacon and eggs, but it's not on the menu. The lady working the phones told him that we could have a hot breakfast - all we had to do was ask for it.... we were in a mini-suite. The order didn't arrive REALLY hot - but it was as hot as a hamburger, fries or soup ordered at lunch time. We will be on the CP again this summer and plan on ordering a HOT breakfast from Room Service - hopefully we won't be disappointed.

Happy Cruising.

Your post reminds me of one morning on our Crown cruise (before I found out that pax could write in hot items on the room service menu) when DH and I had totally forgotten to fill out/put on the door our breakfast room menu-form. So since we had slept in late that morning..and it was around 10:30 AM, I called room service on the phone and asked it by chance they were serving the soup or anything hot from the lunch menu yet. The operator was very nice and said, "We are so sorry, we are still serving breakfast, however if you would like some hot breakfast items..I would be happy to take your order." I then told her we wanted scrambled eggs/bacon/toast/Tea/Coffee/ Juice. It arrived nice and hot and we enjoyed it in bed together.

So all I can suggest is give it a try....you might get something hot for breakfast if you just ask/write it in. I know I will do this on every one of my cruises. Good Luck!:D

There may be a fallacy in your argument here. In my opinion, it is all about the Benjamins. Princess wants people to purchase their champagne balcony breakfast.

Now, if the issue is that room service is not able to deliver a hot food to the staterooms; then, why do they offer hot plates for lunch and dinner (for free) which include:

Hot Dishes

• Soup of the Day
  • Croque Monsieur
  • Grilled Hamburger or Cheeseburger
  • Hot Dog
  • Grilled Chicken Sandwich

You are certainly correct delivering hot food is a challenge. HA has tried to solve the problem by putting a metalic pre-heated hot plate under their plates that have hot food and then covering them with a tight top. We have had various success on their ships with hot breakfast, but generally find that our eggs do arrive hot.

Hank

Has anyone had any luck with writing in their order on the breakfast room service menus you leave on your door? It's a continental breakfast menu but I'm wondering if you've been successful writing in something like:

3 scrambled eggs

rye toast

bacon

If so, do they charge? Since supposedly you can order anything being served in the dining room at that time and also 24 hours a day I don't see why you have to make a phone call in the morning. It seems like this would be more convenient because they'd know farther in advance. Thanks!

I made runs to the buffet and brought food back to the cabin. In Alaska, we did not want to leave the balcony and miss anything, so we ordered "room service". They got mixed up and brought DH 3 complete meals (hamburger & fries) it was really good as was the pizza I ordered. If your ship has an International Cafe, you can get a egg & bagel & coffee take take it back to your room, if they won't deliver a hot meal to your cabin. We eat in the main dinning room, less crowded and they have breakfast for late risers. But try and order what you want, nothing ventured nothing gained. They might have charged a small fee or not can't remember, but the person delivering the food expected a tip. So we have him a few $ and he was happy.

You will have a great time on your cruise!

We have just returned from the Crown Princess, and breakfast room service, again, did not disappoint ! ! ! We ordered a HOT breakfast ie bacon and eggs, sausage and eggs + toast for 5 mornings in a row and got it every time !!! Of course we tipped the delivery person each time as well. The 6th morning we ate in the MDR, it was OK but they open and close early for breakfast (closes at 9.30am) and being late to bed and late risers this was the only day we decided to go. The last morning (disembarkation day) there is no RS so we went to the Horizon Court, it too was OK -- but we both loved loved loved out hot morning breakfast room service :):):)

Happy Cruising.........

DonnaF :D

Archived