Playa Bonita menu and prices

airlink diva

I keep reading great reviews about the food at Playa Bonita. I will be in Cozumel next week :D and this is going to be our lunch stop. My friend wants to see what they offer.

If no menu, any suggestions on what to eat.

Also about average pricing of meals? We will have both US dollars and Pesos so either will do. Thanks!!!

I keep reading great reviews about the food at Playa Bonita. I will be in Cozumel next week :D and this is going to be our lunch stop. My friend wants to see what they offer.

If no menu, any suggestions on what to eat.

Also about average pricing of meals? We will have both US dollars and Pesos so either will do. Thanks!!!

Gerri will take good care of you.:) There's no on line menu. But the menu is somewhat extensive. I suggest their Playa Bonita ceviche or the ceviche with gorditas (small corn cakes) or the Grilled snapper. Fish tacos were good too. Figure $20-$30 pp depending upon how much drinking you do. BIL paid for lunch but I think for 4 of us it was ~$100, but that included 3 round sof beer and some tequila shots.

No need to get pesos in Cozumel. Just keep most of your bills in $5s and $1s. (for Gerri, $20s work).

Relax and enjoy your cruise.

crew

The portions are quite large. My husband and I shared a combination platter that was around $20-25 and we were stuffed. It had a chicken breast, a marinated beef skirt steak, beans, rice, a little guacamole and a couple of other dishes, maybe a tostada and enchilada? We had 2 baskets of chips, they were so good. As already mentioned, the menu is quite extensive. It was so hard to choose. The setting, right on the water, could not be better. Have a great time!

• 1 month later...

Very nice place, only had drinks and appetizers but took some great pictures.....

Limited running water, wifey said the bathroom was somewhat primitive, bring hand sanitizer and baby wipes.

I had the skirt steak and DH had the garlic shrimp. Our total bill for 3 was around $60 and we had 2 margarita's and guac. Entrees are around $15 each. My skirt steak was fabulous but the garlic shrimp was the best we have ever had. We asked Gerry for suggestions and he was right on the mark! We offered to pay for his meal, but he eats there for free and double checked our bill to ensure that they didn't overcharge us. Can't say enough good things about him and this beautiful restaurant!

We had been to Coz many times before, but will always book with Gerry when we go back again--he is the best! He took us to the store to buy beer for our day and we stopped by the tequila factory before getting to the restaurant. Needless to say DH had a great day and doesn't really remember formal night that evening. :rolleyes: Watch the margarita's they will get you fast!

You mention Gerry, who - what & where??

Gerry is a private driver you can hire on Cozumel. He's a great guy and will put together an itinerary for you or take you wherever you want to go if you have places you want to see. We'd been to Cozumel about a half dozen times and wanted something different this past time. I saw Gerry's name here on CC. Although Gerry speaks fluent English, Mike Thompson, at cozumeltaxi@hotmail.com, handles Gerry's written communications for him and is very good to chat with, and will make suggestions for places to see on Cozumel. Gerry will provide a cooler for drinks and our first stop was at a Mega store to pick up beer, sodas and snacks to enjoy while we drove around the island. We had a great time with Gerry.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually go to Nachi, but I considering Playa Bonita for our next trip just for something different.

Can anyone tell me how the water is??? Calm, rocky, etc.

TIA!!

Archived