Dream changing its flag and call sign

Hi, sorry if i'm being daft :o but what does this mean? It's good news i hope with just a week and a day to go for me!

Thanks!

Hi Laura,

Nothing to worry about.

The Costa Europa being an Italian ship was registered in Italy.

It looks like Thomson's want to re register her in Madeira.

It looks like they are getting ready for the handover to Thomson's anytime now.

Berwyn

Hi Laura,

Nothing to worry about.

The Costa Europa being an Italian ship was registered in Italy.

It looks like Thomson's want to re register her in Madeira.

It looks like they are getting ready for the handover to Thomson's anytime now.

Berwyn

Noticed that this morning but hadn`t paid attention to the flag yesterday

Noticed that this morning but hadn`t paid attention to the flag yesterday

Morning Jim,

If you do a search on Marinetraffic she comes up with 2 results 1 Italian and one Portugese. Was only Italian till the other day.

I've just looked over in Palma and one of the Costa ships is moored where the Island Escape usually berths, so that's probably why they haven't moved her yet.

And before you ask, no still no sign of them :(

Berwyn

Morning Jim,

If you do a search on Marinetraffic she comes up with 2 results 1 Italian and one Portugese. Was only Italian till the other day.

:cool:

Great site

I've just looked over in Palma and one of the Costa ships is moored where the Island Escape usually berths, so that's probably why they haven't moved her yet.

Just had a look and the Costa ship must be offski...When we were moored in Palma with OV2 Island Escape was moored opposite the Tanker thats there just now

And before you ask, no still no sign of them :(

Whats your TA saying about it Berwyn?

Berwyn

HI Jim,

I've just been there and she's had a load of cruise tickets in for up to the 24th.

She rang them while I was there and they said there is no problem and they are in the system ready for despatch. So am expecting them over weekend.

Never had any holiday tickets this late before.

Berwyn

hi berwyn, just checking in to say, dont worry they will come in time...

its great there is some movement on dream. I remember reading on here that one of our posters is crew and is of on a trial run next week

Hi Isabel,

Still got 12 days to go for them to arrive :eek:

They should come over the weekend as the cruises just before ours have just arrived today at the TA's.

You'll miss his report, unless you can interrogate the Thomson's staff as they are disembarking as you get on :D

It doesn't say anything about thumbscrews being banned as part of hand luggage.

Berwyn

Palermo does not have 24/7 coverage on AIS as the shore station (PC) is not always switched on.

If she is moving to Palma for Monday it will take 30 hours at 18 knots so maybe a Friday or Saturday departure.

Palermo does not have 24/7 coverage on AIS as the shore station (PC) is not always switched on.

If she is moving to Palma for Monday it will take 30 hours at 18 knots so maybe a Friday or Saturday departure.

Even if the Ship was not showing up, if it was switched on it should still show the other traffic going in and out

:eek:

Could always change back to the IE Jim :D

:D

Couldn`t afford it RR

I`m a newbie to that site so not sure of the workings dave...Just had another look and theres still not showing anything in Palerma port.Maybe I`m doing something wrong or Palermos on holiday;)

Even if the Ship was not showing up, if it was switched on it should still show the other traffic going in and out

That was my thinking Berwyn

as soon as she sneaks out of Palermo we'll have her :D

Berwyn

:D:D:D:D your the right man for the job , there,s enough of you to take over the watches ,,

Berwyn ,,,,1st watch

Dave ,,,,2nd watch

Jim ,,,, 3rd watch

me ,,,, make the tea :p

mrs.c

:D:D:D:D your the right man for the job , there,s enough of you to take over the watches ,,

me ,,,, make the tea :p

mrs.c

That's the most important job of all. Don't function without a continuous supply of good strong tea. :)

Berwyn

Archived