Bringing snack - food on board

Harbie

I was wondering if you can bring snacks on board? Do they need to be in your luggage or can they be in your carry on? I've never cruised before. Also wondering if they have drink packages like they do the soda package

I was wondering if you can bring snacks on board? Do they need to be in your luggage or can they be in your carry on? I've never cruised before. Also wondering if they have drink packages like they do the soda package

Yes, you can buy an unlimited soda package. I'm not sure of how expensive it is, but I'm not a big soda drinker (one a day, if that) so I never get it. You may also bring a "reasonable amount" of non-alcoholic beveriges on-board with you. You can also bring on snacks with you if you'd like. A lot of people will tell you that there's no need as they is always food available. This is true, but if you want something smaller than a piece of pizza or a mini-sandwich, you're out of luck. I usually bring some chips or pretzels or nuts with us. You can buy them on the ship, but it's pretty much at Zombiepocalypse pricing. You can just throw it all in your suitcase.

you can bring on sealed snacks. Just a heads up, you can get food 24x7. :D

If you mean adult beverages, then no. There is an exception for this. Large groups(30+ people) traveling together have the option to purchase all the "all you can drink" option.

you can bring on sealed snacks. Just a heads up, you can get food 24x7. :D

If you mean adult beverages, then no. There is an exception for this. Large groups(30+ people) traveling together have the option to purchase all the "all you can drink" option.

All you can drink? An all-inclusive type deal??

All you can drink? An all-inclusive type deal??

Yep.. but this is only available to large groups and everyone in the group over the age of 21 must purchase the package. Its not cheap and the price depends on the length of the cruise. I met a group on my last cruise who all had special stickers on thier S&S for the "all you can drink". They were a VERY happy group. :D

Yep.. but this is only available to large groups and everyone in the group over the age of 21 must purchase the package. Its not cheap and the price depends on the length of the cruise. I met a group on my last cruise who all had special stickers on thier S&S for the "all you can drink". They were a VERY happy group. :D

Ok, I am going to be scoping out those CC cruises! How fun would that be??

Thinking of bringing some drink buckets with me that you can make with sparkling water. Do you think they'd try to confiscate them??
You mean Crystal Light or in my case the Wal Mart brand? They are allowed.

I recommend minor snack items -not meltables ;). Licorice,sweetarts,trail mix,welchs fruit snack,granola bars,pretzels are a usual norm for us. We take a few items like that on shore tours or shopping off ship. Rules are that they must be sealed though. (Those small personal cereals on morning buffet are also good for shore tours -never take fruit off ship.)

Anything unopened and extra we usually leave for room steward or share with a preferred crew member (I've shared with spa people,bartender and photographer.)

The ship does have 24hr room service and is free (we usually tip $1-2 at the time though) it offers small sandwiches,cookies,cake etc.

You mean Crystal Light or in my case the Wal Mart brand? They are allowed.

No like the alcoholic drink buckets you can buy but they are mini versions though but yea it would be technically like crystal light. But you add water to them.

We have some all day excursions planned and we are going to bring along some granola bars...I am thinking if you bring anything off the ship at the ports it has to be "prepackaged" food?

Yup. And that doesn't mean stuff you put in a ziplock bag the night before. ;)

Soda package is around 40-50 bucks. They don't have a cocktails package. They do have a wine package(s) you might want to look into if you drink allot of wine.

No like the alcoholic drink buckets you can buy but they are mini versions though but yea it would be technically like crystal light. But you add water to them.

I would guess that these are officially not allowed, but my guess is that no one at security would have any idea what these are so you would probably make it through.

Why would you bring food onto a cruise ship? They'll be feeding you every hour or the day!

From my understanding you can only take prepackaged items off of the ship.

We'll be visiting Tulum when in Cozumel and and from what I've heard the 45 minute ferry ride (each way) to catch the bus is a killer for those who are prone to sea sickness. For that reason I'm bringing snack sized crackers or Cheeze-Its in my backpack to quell any upset stomachs.

Archived