Port Canaveral

stubbornoldowl

I booked a transatlantic cruise ending in Port Canaveral. Initially I thought it was Fort Lauderdale. The docking time is listed as 0800. I understand that Orlando is the closest airport and is a fair distance from Port Canaveral. I assume the ship offers transfers. Any idea what the transfer cost might be? Also what would be the earliest flight I could book? Thanks for any info.

I booked a transatlantic cruise ending in Port Canaveral. Initially I thought it was Fort Lauderdale. The docking time is listed as 0800. I understand that Orlando is the closest airport and is a fair distance from Port Canaveral. I assume the ship offers transfers. Any idea what the transfer cost might be? Also what would be the earliest flight I could book? Thanks for any info.

Is that NCL's Sun? If so, the transfer cost is $35 per person.

I wouldn't plan on booking a flight before 1pm in order to have enough time for transfer, check-in, and security line.

If they offer transfers from the Port to Orlando for $35, I would go for it. This is by far the only time I have ever suggested using ship transfers.

And, since it is well over an hour, give yourself some spare time.

If they offer transfers from the Port to Orlando for $35, I would go for it. This is by far the only time I have ever suggested using ship transfers.

And, since it is well over an hour, give yourself some spare time.

what takes you so long to get there? Usually takes us about 45 minutes.

Bill

what takes you so long to get there? Usually takes us about 45 minutes.

Bill

Yea, you could make it in that time. But since google maps shows it at 48 miles, not counting any delays with bus boarding ,traffic or people getting off the bus, sure hard to count on 45 minutes.

Click on the link above to see the map and mileage.

We went with Laura shuttles last time, really reasonable rates. We paid $30 return trip (airport to cruiseport, and the return trip) and I might be wrong, but I thought it only took right around 30 mins.

We went with Laura shuttles last time, really reasonable rates. We paid $30 return trip (airport to cruiseport, and the return trip) and I might be wrong, but I thought it only took right around 30 mins.

Might not be the hour mentioned above, but it would be amazing to do it in 30 minutes as well. This map shows it at 48 miles.

Thanks NMLady - it is the Sun.

Come join our Roll Call group. I'm on that ta on the Sun, leaving Dover on October 4th. Our Roll Call is very active. We call ourselves the DOTS: Dover-Orlando Transatlantic, Sun.

One of the members has done a separate website with the Roll Call and with links to info about the two port stops as well as links to info about transfer transportation. The link to the DOTS website is in my signature.

Another of the members has created transfers that can be ironed onto shirts. One transfer has ship logo, DOTS name, and cruise dates. There is also a transfer showing photos of some of the port sights. I bought the ship logo transfer for my tshirt. It's really good.

One of our members who has purchased bus transfer pier to airport from NCL had posted on the Roll Call what the cost was. That's how I knew. So, come join our friendly Roll Call on the NCL roll call board. You can ask lots of questions there and get lots of answers or friendly opinions.

Might not be the hour mentioned above, but it would be amazing to do it in 30 minutes as well. This map shows it at 48 miles.

The two times we have driven from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral it has taken just a little under an hour. Traveling back I couldn't tell you because we have always done something on the way back because we get a later flight.

PE

Archived