Voyager Hump Cabin Envy: is this a solution?

Since I couldn't snag a true hump or aft cabin for either of our upcoming cruises, is a cabin like 9328 on Explorer a good one? It is still part of the hump, but not in the center. Are there pros or cons to this?

It looks like the cabin is cut off on the diagonal according to the deck maps.

Call and switch to cabin #9614........you will have a little larger balcony with that cabin but also a much better view looking forward since this cabin is toward the front portion of the hump rather then the back of the hump where you are at now.

Just call your agent ASAP and make the switch, shouldn't cost any additional money.

Jimbo:)

Sorry you missed out on it but it was available when I posted, you just didn't check back soon enough.

The thing about your balcony is because it is on the curve of the hump it might be a tad smaller. I was trying to get you a better view when the ship is moving forward to be able to watch where the ship was going and watching it cut through the water.

Jimbo:)

Personally, I think the view from the hump cabins on Explorer are a little over rated. For one thing, the hump on Voyager class ships is more aft than mid ship. The other thing is they really don't stick out all that far.

We were mid ship on a JS. I posted the view from the balcony of our cabin looking toward the bow and the stern. http://community.webshots.com/user/dougp26364 . Those pictures are on the 7th page of photos. IMO, the hump didn't make much of a difference in our view when we were out to sea. Not enough to convince me to give up a better mid ship location just to be on the hump.

Now on the Radiance class ships, that hump has a great location more mid ship and by the elevators. Plus it gets you out over the life boat covers so you can see straight down to the water and I enjoy looking down at the ocean as the ship is sailing. For us, on Radiance class ships the cabins on the hump are the most desirable cabins. After that I would choose either the cabins that are forward or aft that don't have the life boat covers blocking the view down to the water, even though they are more forward or aft than I'd like to be.

Archived