wizard mastercard for australians

lynee

Hi has anyone from Australia used a Wizard clear advantage mastercard overseas. Supposedly they have no fees to acess money overseas. I appreciate your input if you have this type of card.

Lynee

I havent used a Wizard card but what we do is purchase a travel card from the bank. The card is loaded with the currency that you choose in the exchage rate of the day so you are not reliant on varying exhange rates. You can use it like an eftpos at hotels, supermarkets etc and there is no extra charge. If you withdraw cash from an ATM there is a small fee but if you add it to your amount at a shop there is no fee. When you get home you just hand it back in and they convert the unused amount back into AUS$ (that days rate) and put it back in your account. Not what you asked but I thought I would just let you know what we hae found works well for us. Cheers

We tried the travel card last year on a Med cruise- could not get it to work on ATMs at all in Italy- and lots ot places in Italy do NOT take credit cards. We won't be using on our Med cruise this year. Jennie

We used a travel card last year in Italy and Malta with no trouble at all.Because you are using that countries currency it's great for tracking your spending, and as already said, easy to cash in when you get home.

Archived