Please Answer: Sandals Dunns River or Grande?

amjespersen

We want to stay at an all inclusive resort for our excursion.

1. Which all inclusive is better sandals dunns river or sandals ocho rios grande?

2. How far (and how much) are they away from ocho rios port?

THANKS!!!

royal has a excursion to sandals. But not sure which of the two it is? Does anyone know?

I did the Sandals excursion last week that is offered through RC. We were taken to the Grande. The excursion was $99 and I felt overpriced for what you got.

I have the same excursion for $85!

What was it like? Was the food, water, activities, drinks, and resort nice?

THANKS FOR REPLYING!

First of all the bus took us to Sandals and dropped us off and then we were told that we would have to take a shuttle to the main swimming pool(very nice with a swim up bar) but I was imagining the pool and beach would be all together. So we went to the pool and stayed there the entire time. The pool is not at the beach. The food was good, nice buffet with lots of choices.

It wasn't that bad but I think overpriced for what we got.

Where did you book it for $85??

If you get it outside of the cruise then it is $85.

What activities did they have?

So if you book it on your own it is $85, but you still have to pay for transportation to get there, right? The price I paid included bus transportation there & back to the ship.

They had snorkeling, kayaks,etc, but we didn't use any of that. Once we got to the pool, we just stayed there and had drinks at the swim up bar and then lunch.

Yes, we have to pay for our own. However, w/ 4 people going it still saves a bit of money.

Did you see the snorkeling or kayaking? Was it a nice area?

Also, how far away is it from the port?

Sorry for so many questions!!!!

First of all the bus took us to Sandals and dropped us off and then we were told that we would have to take a shuttle to the main swimming pool(very nice with a swim up bar) but I was imagining the pool and beach would be all together. So we went to the pool and stayed there the entire time. The pool is not at the beach. The food was good, nice buffet with lots of choices.

It wasn't that bad but I think overpriced for what we got.

Where did you book it for $85??

Did the price include alcoholic beverages?

Yes, we have to pay for our own. However, w/ 4 people going it still saves a bit of money.

Did you see the snorkeling or kayaking? Was it a nice area?

Also, how far away is it from the port?

Sorry for so many questions!!!!

I did not see snorkeling or anything else at the beach because we took the shuttle to the pool that is not on the beach so therefore never saw the beach again. The pool is beautiful, very large with a swim up bar.

The bus ride was 10-15 minutes from the pier to the resort. If there are 4 of you going by taxi, I don't know what the charge will be.

Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back of the liberty and booked the sandals beach break. It went to sandals dunns river not sandals grande. What we were told is that they split up the groups each day depending on how many booked. Sometimes 1 group goes to one and the other goes to the opposite one. But now she said everyone is going to dunns river- It was very nice. We sat on the beach and relaxed- no one bothered us. I recommend it

• 5 weeks later...

Just an FYI Dunns River will be closing the end of July. Apparently Sandals could not come to a Lease agreement for the land.

We just got back of the liberty and booked the sandals beach break. It went to sandals dunns river not sandals grande. What we were told is that they split up the groups each day depending on how many booked. Sometimes 1 group goes to one and the other goes to the opposite one. But now she said everyone is going to dunns river- It was very nice. We sat on the beach and relaxed- no one bothered us. I recommend it

Yes, you can just pay for a day pass at the hotel. I called the Grande and they said they don't even book in advance, you just get there and purchase a day pass. Also, they told me that it's $90 now so FYI on that. The beach and the main pool is not right next to each other but I looked at the property map and pictures and there's supposed to be another smaller pool and whirlpool right down by the beach. Sandals has a lot of info on their website.

~Lisa :p

Yes, you can just pay for a day pass at the hotel. I called the Grande and they said they don't even book in advance, you just get there and purchase a day pass. Also, they told me that it's $90 now so FYI on that. The beach and the main pool is not right next to each other but I looked at the property map and pictures and there's supposed to be another smaller pool and whirlpool right down by the beach. Sandals has a lot of info on their website.

~Lisa :p

do they have day pass info on their website??

We spent a week at the Grande last November. Absolutely LOVED it!:D The resort is divided into two sections. We stayed in the area down by the beach.

The area with the big pool and swim up bar is at the top of the property. They do provide a free shuttle but we walked it in about 10 minutes.

The kayaks and water trikes are right on the beach...you just sign one out and go :) The snorkle boat goes out a couple of times a day, there is a sign up sheet but we didn't have a problem getting a spot. Cruise guests get to use all the same amenities as hotel guests but we couldn't even tell when the ships were in. The place is really pretty big.

All the drinks are included., they make a drink called a Hummingbird YUM! Its like a choc/strawberry milkshake with a kick.

Down by the beach are a couple places to eat..you can get nacho's, burgers etc and some really good jerk chicken. There are other restrauants up near the pool but we we happy hanging out on the beach.

attachment.php?attachmentid=158534&stc=1&d=1276019621

copy.jpg.97cd5564b460bbcdb9ad7a43de7fa79a.jpg

Archived