Do you Diet before your cruise?

KevinsCruising

Not too hard to work off extra calories during a cruise...

Walk a few laps around the promenade between meals. Walk around ports or take excursions that involve walking or hiking. Swim. There's always the fitness equipment, but when vacationing try to find fun ways to burn calories.

its a liquid diet that you drink for 48 hrs...nothing else just that. Its comes like in a big gatoraid bottle. Sell it at walgreens and stores like that. They say 10lbs in 48 hrs...... :rolleyes:

dont' do it!!!!!! I did it and it had no real effect....i lost like 6 lbs and they came back a day later..........

(see website)..nothing extra just real food..see WEBMD site also for a breakdown//6 pounds the 1st week...17 ithe 1st month. working on 25 to 30 total for 23 days cruze and landcation. the downside...you have to eat 4 to 5 times a day..just restructure your habits. book on line is $8.++, Barnes and Noble $12.95 DH has 18 loss, and others are on it, ie: Drs I work for. I havent been on any diet for 40 yrs(WW)..this one is much easier.

Every cruise I try dieting before the cruise. We cruised twice last year, in March and Oct. March I dieted and lost 20 lbs before the cruise. Pictures on the ship did not show that. :mad:. Oct cruise, I said whats the point and didn't diet at all before. No difference in pictures from March to Oct. Now cruising on May 1st and thinking about trying that 48 hr Hollywood diet. Maybe do it twice before the cruise. Anyone have experience with that one? Maybe whats the point again.:cool:

Hi Kevin, My husband and I have just lost weight and don't want it to return. We go on a 17 day cruise May 1. Might need to use the gym this time and try to say NO!! Very difficult with some of the yummy things served up.

I always loose 5 lbs before I go on a cruise, that way if I gain a few pounds, then I'm back to my normal weight.

That's what I usually try to do, having a hard time this time around so we'll see if I can do it in the next 3 weeks!

To really lose weight you have to do 2 things: eat less, exercise more

agreed

A great lifestyle mantra: "Eat Food; Not too much; Mostly plants" - Michael Pollen

Drink LOTS of water; add psyllium to something you already eat fast- like a yogurt each day- it will completely change your life. GREAT price at Trader Joes

And exercise can be part of what you already do; this is what I struggle with. Its about finding a better way to get to my third floor office, or enjoy spring weather to take the dogs for a walk after work; Weeding the garden or washing the car, riding a bike to a nearby market for the milk, etc... SOMETHING...otherwise, if going to the gym isnt enjoyable, it is doubtful you will develop much faith in 'exercise'

They way you THINK about yourself is the most powerful tool for liking the way you look in pictures

Keven, skip the liquid diet. Weight Watchers really does work and it has for me. I've been home four days since returning from Jade Med. cruise. I gained a couple put they're coming off just be being back on routine. I walked mostly up the stairs to the different decks, lots of walking in Europe anyways--great place for it! My downfall on this cruise was bread at the table. On Royal Carib. they come around with the bread basket and you pick the piece you want--easier to say no. It's a matter of making good choices and allowing yourself a bit of a treat.

Enjoy your cruise, walk lots, and just watch the foods you eat. Hey, you can always work on this after you return.

Best of luck,

Gilda

Keven, skip the liquid diet. Weight Watchers really does work and it has for me. I've been home four days since returning from Jade Med. cruise. I gained a couple put they're coming off just be being back on routine. I walked mostly up the stairs to the different decks, lots of walking in Europe anyways--great place for it! My downfall on this cruise was bread at the table. On Royal Carib. they come around with the bread basket and you pick the piece you want--easier to say no. It's a matter of making good choices and allowing yourself a bit of a treat.

Enjoy your cruise, walk lots, and just watch the foods you eat. Hey, you can always work on this after you return.

Best of luck,

Gilda

I loved weight watchers :D Really shows you how to eat the right way. Walking played a HUGE part in my weight loss also. My friend would call me a treadmill whore :eek: She said every time she calls I was on the treadmill..lol One of the best purchases I ever made.

Last May on the Explorer I put on 3 pounds but took it off when I got back home. Got to love that treadmill. lol ;)

I want to lose about 25lbs before my cruise in October, this past winter I was so bad, with all the storms and snow, I baked a lot of cookies and cakes and also enjoyed eating them. Now I walk 5 miles 4 days a week on the boardwalk, I also watch what I eat. I guess you can say I watch my calories and carbs. I'm feeling better already and I've only been doing this for about 2 weeks. During the winter I did do the treadmill but it wasn't the same as walking outside. I love walking, I just bought a pair of shape up walking shoes and I love them, I would recommend them to everyone!!:D

That's what I usually try to do, having a hard time this time around so we'll see if I can do it in the next 3 weeks!

I found the best tasting low cal, protein shakes on HSN that I now substitute for lunch. I work from home and mix one up with frozen fruit and they have been wonderful in helping me cut out the bad fast food lunch habit.

Kevin.. dont do the hollywood diet...just start change everything you eat to veggies fresh fruit and grilllled chicken.. ive lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks so far just from those changes.. we cruise the same times of year you do.. my nutritionist says if it didnt at one point have eyes or grow in the ground dont eat it.. LOL ( i ignore this rule on fridays..and i eat what i want in moderation, cause without a little bit of good food, id binge and eat an entire bag of chips!) lol

ive never gained any weight on a cruise cause we do sooo much walking.. i try not to take the elevators and always position my room to be a few decks under the buffet on purpose :)

i used to be skinny in my 20's.. now in my 30's ive gained so much extra weight, the only thing to get it off is to eat better and i go to the gym 3 times week now and do 45 min of cardio and about 30 min of weights) its coming off slowly but its MUCH better than those JUNK fad diets.. trust me, id love to order kim kardashians body in a bottle b.s but i know it wont work...

ill see ya on board buddy!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

40 days..19 pounds...hubby is ahead 9 pounds,(will se him next Monday) but works out 6 days a week.His co-workers are duly impressed as well..as they are a grouo of munchers, and all live on fast food. It deff works for non-dieters..and I was a non believer ! I'm on phase 3, and have changed the way I feel about eating, and what I eat, when. Cruze clothes are kinda big, since this past February. buttt, I'll endure. I want to be 25 lighter pounds by Sail a way May 14th..you can read about it on WEB MD..under Fat Smash Diet..give you details

Archived