Eos 4-10-2010

Just home from Explorer 5-day bermuda trip. I plan to post some pics, scans of compass and menus. If you have any specific questions in the meantime feel free to ask.

Just some highlights (mini review)

Ice Show - not to miss!

Comedian - could have been better

Quest - if you haven't done it - you should see it once

Food - DR - very good (wait staff was excellent)

Windjammer - as good as any buffet. Disappointed that they ran out of skim milk the last full sea day (morning). I guess we had a lot of milk drinkers on board.

Portofino - EXCELLENT!

BINGO - Expensive and chaos!!! Don't recommend wasting time and money on it. Activity Director (Nicki Numbers) was awful.

The cruise director was Mike Hunnerup. The only time you saw or heard him was at the shows. We never ran into him on the ship.

Seas - pretty calm. It was a little choppy on the way home but the sells at no time were more than 4-8 ft. and this was not constant. I'm still rocking a little.

We were in a D1 hump balcony (Deck 9)- (connecting stateroom). We only heard a baby crying one afternoon. Otherwise didn't even know we had neighbors.

Ship looks great - no complaints. Fitness center was nice. It has a large hot tub in the middle of the fitness center which we used quite often as it was a little chilly on deck. The wind was the worst while the ship was moving. You had to try to sit behind something that blocked it a little. For April - I would have to say it was good weather but for those who like the pool and sun, I would recommend going later (May maybe).

Went to Horseshoe Bay and some brave souls tried out the water. I couldn't even stand up to my ankles - it was a little too cold. The days were about 65 degrees but with the breeze it felt a little cooler.

Bermuda beaches are beautiful and the people are the friendliest I have ever met in my life. We were offered rides by people on many occasions and everyone says good morning, Hi, good afternoon. They look you in the eye and unlike some islands in the caribbean there are no unfortunate people looking for handouts or vendors tugging at you.

We missed alot of shows due to time we had dinner reservations at Portofino's. Since we didn't have the compasses until the night before, it was difficult to work the reservations. I've seen the shows on other ships and they are comparable. Everyone that we talked to said they were good. Hopefully someone else will post information about them.

Archived