Platinum Laundry Perk?

tedmet11

Next month on the Dream will be my 3rd cruise as an astute member of carnival’s platinum club. I know you get "VIP" boarding and debarkation tags; we also got a nice letter with stationary, a gift (a mug); canapés one evening. The question I have for the other platinum members is what my DW calls the best perk, the free "wash/fold laundry service". On our other 2 cruises we took advantage of this “perk” by sending a laundry bag off almost daily and simply wrote our name/cabin and “platinum” on the bag. I recently saw a post that said that in their cabin on the Dream they got a letter that states you only get 1 wash/fold bag per cabin; is this true, has the policy changed? This obviously affects how we pack and what we bring. Any help would be appreciated!

Nope, the policy has not changed. As I understand it, there were so many Platinum members aboard "Dream" for the first few cruises, that they asked that no one send their "free" laundry more than once during those cruises. It was a matter of "too much demand" for the service, and not enough machines/personnel to take care of that demand. The "free wash/fold" is still available, and unlimited, within reason.

Have a GREAT cruise, and don't send a really good knit shirt to the wash/fold, like I did. It now fits my miniature schnauzer. :eek: (They apparently use very hot water!) ;)

"SKY"

We were on the Dream Dec 3rd when that infamous "laundry restriction" was requested.

There were 600+ Platinum members on that cruise and as such Carnival "requested" (not required) that folks only use it once.

We could have used it every day on that cruise if we wanted to...since it was just a "request"....

We send it out usually every other day and great perk.

Wish we could get a mug. Have enough picture frames now and now we just give them away to people we meet on the cruise.

Love being platinum and the perks but wonder about why they give us a couple of sheets of carnival stationary with our name on it.

I was one of the 150 or so Platinum guests on the Carnival Dream on Feb 20th. The Platinum letter in our room did say that we could only send out one bag of laundry.

We asked our room stewart and he said "No problem, you just give the laundry to me and I'll send in as many bags as you want." He even gave us some extra bags.

I'm pretty fussy about what I send out, so we only sent 2 bags out, but could have sent more.

And we did get a picture frame.

Have a great cruise!

It's possible that Carnival may experience some of the problems that Royal Caribbean is sorting out right now. The number of Diamonds and Diamond Plus's are growing in numbers so quickly that they have had to cut back on the perks. Lots of grumbles from Royal vets.

As a matter of fact, lotsa Royal grumbling in general about the decline in food and service quality (but I digress)....

....Now that more and more folks are hitting Carnival Platinum; it may start to strain the system; although Royal Caribbean's system was so lavish; with multiple special dinners for each level, Diamond discounts on suites; freebee coupon books....that they have a much more severe problem. But as Carnival's Platinum group grows; I wouldn't be suprised if they cut back as well.

Mitch

I was one of the 150 or so Platinum guests on the Carnival Dream on Feb 20th. The Platinum letter in our room did say that we could only send out one bag of laundry.

We asked our room stewart and he said "No problem, you just give the laundry to me and I'll send in as many bags as you want." He even gave us some extra bags.

I'm pretty fussy about what I send out, so we only sent 2 bags out, but could have sent more.

Have a great cruise!

OMG you had Stewart too! This guy cleans so many cabins it's unbelievable.

Bill

Have a great cruise!

Wow. Stewart gets around!

We were on January 2 cruise on Dream and yes, we got a letter telling us that we could only send laundry one time. It was a shock to us, as John Heald had said it wasn't true other than on the cruise that had so many Platinum people.

We were disappointed as we had enjoyed the laundry on Glory and felt we were being short-changed, but we didn't pursue it. The letter didn't indicate it was because there were many Platinum members.

I would love to know if it was something strange happening on Dream as we have a B2B on Dream April of 2011 as well as we are going on Miracle in October and would love to not have to worry about laundry.

Thanks.

Archived