Captains Dinner reception

javamom

Been this way for about 6 months now. You also wonder around and can see some of the ship's officers.

They have a farewell party with free drinks but liked the old way better.

John has told me he likes the old Captain's reception better, too. Maybe it'll change one day...

:)

It is a party of sorts where the ship officers are around and you can meet them. It used to be held in the ship's showlounge and had free drinks and the dance band played and people could dance. You went to it on elegant night before you dinner seating. On my last two cruises it was held on the Promenade area and music was in the adjoining lounges. Drinks are just a $1 off.

sounds lame to me - we usually forgot to go to the captains reception on the last few cruises. now the past guest party we made a point of going to, but not the captains party as often. you are not missing much, the drinks were ucky anyway....70's throwback drinks - whiskey sour and watered down screw-drivers...:eek:

Unfortunately it is an excuse to get people to get dressed up so they can sell more pictures.

Used to be a very nice activity and now kind of a waste of time. We bring a glass of wine walk around for a few minutes and than go occupy ourselves until dinner time.

Archived