Guided Tour Company for Israel?

ny cruisequeen

There are just four of us currently on the two tours with Guided Tours Israel. The price drops for us a little bit if we add others to the trip ... but it's totally up to us!

My issue is that I am a solo traveler and I am having trouble finding anyone interested in sharing my desired private tours on my roll call.

Were you able to set your own itinerary for the day? And, if I may ask, do you remember how much the total cost would've been for two persons for each tour? (I assume you are doing sites around Haifa on one day and Jerusalem on the other?)

thanks for any info!

My issue is that I am a solo traveler and I am having trouble finding anyone interested in sharing my desired private tours on my roll call.

Were you able to set your own itinerary for the day? And, if I may ask, do you remember how much the total cost would've been for two persons for each tour? (I assume you are doing sites around Haifa on one day and Jerusalem on the other?)

thanks for any info!

I know it can get very expensive to try to book for just one person. Even two people can be price prohibitive. It usually takes 4 people to make the private excursion equal to, or even less, than the larger ship's tour. I did get a quote for just my DW and myself and I'm trying to remember what it was. I know it was high enough that I wasn't sure that I was going to book it. We did find our other couple (a mother and daughter) on our Roll Call. We listened to the advice of the tour company and then told them exactly what we wanted. Our itinerary is:

Day 1 - From Haifa Port

Main Sights Include: Nazareth, Sea of Galilee, Capernaum, Tabgha, Mount of Beatitudes, River Jordan, Kibbutz, Haifa.

Duration of tour: Minimum 9 hours

Price: $99 per person for a semi- private tour of 6-10 persons

Day 2 - from Ashdod Port

Main Sights Include: Jerusalem (all the important sights) + Dead Sea valley with 'float time'

Price: $135 per person for a semi- private tour of 6-10 persons

There are just four of us currently on the two tours with Guided Tours Israel. The price drops for us a little bit if we add others to the trip ... but it's totally up to us!

My mom and I are on the same cruise. We have 5 other people in our family on the cruise, but they don't feel secure in booking private tours so mom and I are trying to find a group to travel with on a private tour.

I see you're doing what Guided Tours Israel calls the Christian Tour of Northern Israel out of Haifa. Would you be willing to let us join your group on this tour?

As for Ashdod, my mom really wants to see Bethlehem, so we'll try to book on our own or may have to stay on the cruise excursion if no one else joins us.

In Egypt, have you booked thru Ramses? If you need more numbers on that trip, I/we would be interested in finding out the itinerary you chose.

Thanks!

My mom and I are on the same cruise. We have 5 other people in our family on the cruise, but they don't feel secure in booking private tours so mom and I are trying to find a group to travel with on a private tour.

I see you're doing what Guided Tours Israel calls the Christian Tour of Northern Israel out of Haifa. Would you be willing to let us join your group on this tour?

As for Ashdod, my mom really wants to see Bethlehem, so we'll try to book on our own or may have to stay on the cruise excursion if no one else joins us.

In Egypt, have you booked thru Ramses? If you need more numbers on that trip, I/we would be interested in finding out the itinerary you chose.

Thanks!

I see no reason why your family doesn't feel secure to book a private tour. Lots of cruise passengers do it in Israel. As a group of 7 you can have any excursion you want, both from Haifa and Ashdod, picked right by the ship and travel to where ever you want to, privately, and get back to the port safe. You can save a lot of money doing your excursions privately with any tour companies or private guide.

Tell your family members to come here to the forum and talk with us here, I am sure they'll change their opinion.

I know it can get very expensive to try to book for just one person. Even two people can be price prohibitive. It usually takes 4 people to make the private excursion equal to, or even less, than the larger ship's tour. I did get a quote for just my DW and myself and I'm trying to remember what it was. I know it was high enough that I wasn't sure that I was going to book it. We did find our other couple (a mother and daughter) on our Roll Call. We listened to the advice of the tour company and then told them exactly what we wanted. Our itinerary is:

Day 1 - From Haifa Port

Main Sights Include: Nazareth, Sea of Galilee, Capernaum, Tabgha, Mount of Beatitudes, River Jordan, Kibbutz, Haifa.

Price: $99 per person for a semi- private tour of 6-10 persons

Day 2 - from Ashdod Port

Main Sights Include: Jerusalem (all the important sights) + Dead Sea valley with 'float time'

Price: $135 per person for a semi- private tour of 6-10 persons

we are on similar tours in July. Did you make your small group reservation through/with the company itself?

Archived