Walk for the Cure??

anamanxs

I was reading the Fun Times/Capers of the SPIRIT and it talked about a charity event but not a lot of info on it. Are they no longer doing the "Walk for a Cure" this year? Any info would be appreciated, sailing on the Spirit in May.

Thanks

Carnival partnered with the Susan G. Komen foundation for three years to raise millions of dollar for breast cancer research.

That contract has expired and the new contract partners Carnival with the St. Jude's Childrens Hospital in Memphis. Here's a press release:

http://carnivalpressroom.wordpress.com/2010/03/25/carnival-cruise-lines-launches-fleetwide-fundraising-initiative-benefiting-st-jude-children%E2%80%99s-research-hospital%C2%AE/

:)

I agree with the others. Thanks for the info and I do support St. Jude, I have a friend's child who they helped and I have no problem with the charity changing but I won't do the dance thing, I would do the walk. It's not the T-shirt or freebe, already have the tons of those it was the family, helping other's idea. Great to involves groups in a fun time for all, and a little healthy event too. I don't see the Groove being as family aimed.

I think they need to relook at the activity they way do. I know St Jude does other activities then the dance idea. We just had one at my work (childcare center) and the children raised over $1000 for the children of St. Jude.

I agree with the others. Thanks for the info and I do support St. Jude, I have a friend's child who they helped and I have no problem with the charity changing but I won't do the dance thing, I would do the walk. It's not the T-shirt or freebe, already have the tons of those it was the family, helping other's idea. Great to involves groups in a fun time for all, and a little healthy event too. I don't see the Groove being as family aimed.

I think they need to relook at the activity they way do. I know St Jude does other activities then the dance idea. We just had one at my work (childcare center) and the children raised over $1000 for the children of St. Jude.

There are additional events being planned, not just the dance thing... The Walk was amazingly popular and I'd be very surprised if it wasn't back in a slightly different form...

:)

Archived