Bring wipes to camp carnival?

msublonde1

My daughter is 95% potty trained at 2 1/2. We are sailing on the Ecstasy on April 26th. She'll be wearing regular underpants durign the day and pullups at night. She really can't fully wipe herself after a bowel movement. Do I need to bring wipes to camp carnival so the can clean her up afterwards? Also, do they have a short "kiddie" potty in the bathrooms in camp carnival? Or is it just like the regular ones in all the restrooms? She loves going to the short potty at her pre-school. Luckily, we have no fear of public restrooms so I am not planning on bringing any potty chair equipment. She's going to need some assistance. How much do they work with the little ones on this?

Carnival's diaper and potty policies are the most liberal I've seen. They will change diapers in kids' camp, and will help children younger than 3 years of age in the restroom, though they will encourage you to use diapers on a not-fully-independent child because it's easier for them. You will need to provide anything you want used, if you're ok with plain toilet paper then you're set but if it's important to you that wipes be used you will have to provide the camp with a supply.

Just little FYI! I'm so glad your child doesn't have any public toilet phobias. The big thing you need to do before the cruise is warn her that the ships toilets are really loud. I forgot to warn DD 2 1/2 on her first "toilet trained' cruise. She went to the bathroom w/ Daddy on the ship for the first time and was flushed by an auto-flushing toilet. It terrified her so bad she refused to use a cruise ship toilet the rest of the trip. Yes, we were living in pull-ups the rest of the cruise. I had to go shopping in one port for more!

You need to ask IF you can even use those wipes on ships. You're not supposed to put anything in those weird ship's toilets other than what comes out of your body or their own toilet paper. Anything else can, and will plug up the pneumatic toilet system.

Good point! Even the "flushable wipes" you can use at home could do serious damage to the ship's flushing system, which is very different. There are even notices in cabin bathrooms not to flush anything other than the TP provided by the ship.

Good point! Even the "flushable wipes" you can use at home could do serious damage to the ship's flushing system, which is very different. There are even notices in cabin bathrooms not to flush anything other than the TP provided by the ship.

Those flushable wipes slow down my system at home. So I can't even imagine the mess they would make on a ship. :eek:

I bet that one tip about bringing the ziplocks would work here. (well at least when she uses them in her cabin). If she brings the extra ziplock bags and then after using the wipes, she can dispose of them in the ziplocks, then the garbage can, not the ship's toilet. :D

But you all are right. Those flushable wipes aren't so flushable on the ships. ;)

The reason I thought of that was because a few cruises ago, a family next door used those wipes and totally messed up the toilets in our area for 6 hours. The maintainence guys even had to come into our bathroom. I guess they found a lot of those flushables in the system, and it really wrecked things up.

Oh, I am NOT going to flush the wipes!! I'm bringing wipes for our room, but will put them in our garbage can. I've already read about how bad they are for the ship's septic system. I just thought packing the wipes would be easier for the camp carnival people. The toilet paper on the ship is a tad rough, but it really doesn't bother me.

Archived