The "t" word

Hesitate to ask, Berwyn, but have they arrived yet? :o

Only ask,as everytime OH comes home he asks "Has that chap from Wales got his tickets yet?" :(

Hope you are feeling better and back not too sore. :(

This volcano thing is a bit of a bummer eh? Still at least the ship is Thomson at last :)

Linda

Hesitate to ask, Berwyn, but have they arrived yet? :o

Only ask,as everytime OH comes home he asks "Has that chap from Wales got his tickets yet?" :(

Hope you are feeling better and back not too sore. :(

This volcano thing is a bit of a bummer eh? Still at least the ship is Thomson at last :)

Linda

Hi Linda,

No still no sign. :( TA has had tickets from Thomson for people travelling up to 24th. And they are part of Thomson group.

It's a pain when others after me are getting theirs.

Good of your hubby to ask.

I'll post on here as soon as arrive.

I'm much better thanks, my finger where they cut my ring off is more sore.

Diane the driver got the worst of it as he hit her side of the car.

Yes volcano's bad for the travellers this week.

It's weird here with no planes going over. As we're under the flightpath for Manchester and Liverpool and are used to vapour trails overhead all day.

Berwyn

Hi Linda,

No still no sign. :( TA has had tickets from Thomson for people travelling up to 24th. And they are part of Thomson group.

It's a pain when others after me are getting theirs.

Good of your hubby to ask.

I'll post on here as soon as arrive.

I'm much better thanks, my finger where they cut my ring off is more sore.

Diane the driver got the worst of it as he hit her side of the car.

Yes volcano's bad for the travellers this week.

It's weird here with no planes going over. As we're under the flightpath for Manchester and Liverpool and are used to vapour trails overhead all day.

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn

Missed all this what you been doin' glad you're ok.

Same thing happened with tickets for us when we went on the Escape everyone else got their tickets for later cruises and we ended up having to have ours printed off at the airport.It is a pain:(

Know what you mean about being weird cos of no planes we're under the flightpath for Leeds Bradford, Manchester and all planes going to America It's just so quiet. Bet the people living near the airports are enjoying the peace.

Feel sorry for the people who were due to fly out though, half their hols will have gone before they get there:( but it's better to be safe.What about the lucky people who get to stay longer on the ship.:)

Mary

Hi Berwyn

Missed all this what you been doin' glad you're ok.

Same thing happened with tickets for us when we went on the Escape everyone else got their tickets for later cruises and we ended up having to have ours printed off at the airport.It is a pain:(

Know what you mean about being weird cos of no planes we're under the flightpath for Leeds Bradford, Manchester and all planes going to America It's just so quiet. Bet the people living near the airports are enjoying the peace.

Feel sorry for the people who were due to fly out though, half their hols will have gone before they get there:( but it's better to be safe.What about the lucky people who get to stay longer on the ship.:)

Mary

Hi Mary,

Just quickly my ring finger was sore for a couple of days and On Weds. night I had to go down to the casualty dept in work and they had to cut my wedding ring off :eek: Been on there for nearly 30 years.

On Thursday a.m. was getting a lift home and a driver came straight out of a side road and into the driver's side of our car.

Yes it must be great having extra holidays out there. I bet the employers will knock it off people's hoilday allowance when they get back though.

I can't get used to a totally clear blue sky from horizon to horizon. Not even Mr. Plod has been up in their surveylance helicopter.

One of the staff is Irish and on holiday tomorrow and wanted to go home.

She can't get a ferry ticket to Eire at all.

Berwyn

Hi Linda and Mary,

I think if things carry on like this much longer the question of whether they arrive or not will be totally irrelevant.:(

They will need time after the skies clear to reposition the planes too.

Berwyn

I was just going to say that to you! It said on the news, this eruption could go on for months :(

Linda

Hi Linda, I know :(

At least they will give us a full refund. We can't move to another date as it's hard enough fitting both of us off together. At least we've got 2 weeks in Mexico in SEpt.

I've been looking at last minute UK breaks just in case. Luxury pine lodges with hot tubs.

At least we'll have cash to put on Red Sea Magic in April next year instead.

Berwyn

we live just 5 minutes from Gatwick, and yes it's an odd feeling of something missing, can't even hear the drone of the engines being worked on at night. Only thing in the skies is the odd light aircraft that is managing to get about. One good thing though, there is a noticable decrease in traffic in the area.

We don't travel till August SURELY it will be back to normal by then ? :eek:

we live just 5 minutes from Gatwick, and yes it's an odd feeling of something missing, can't even hear the drone of the engines being worked on at night. Only thing in the skies is the odd light aircraft that is managing to get about. One good thing though, there is a noticable decrease in traffic in the area.

Hi Figgywig,

We aren't close enough to hear them, they pass high overhead, but the sky's usually full of vapour trails.

I bet you think you've gone deaf.

Just to cheer you up, last time it went up it lasted 2 years on and off :eek:

Berwyn

Hi Linda, I know :(

At least they will give us a full refund. We can't move to another date as it's hard enough fitting both of us off together. At least we've got 2 weeks in Mexico in SEpt.

I've been looking at last minute UK breaks just in case. Luxury pine lodges with hot tubs.

At least we'll have cash to put on Red Sea Magic in April next year instead.

Hi Berwyn

Ooohh the hot tub sound nice - not really suitable for today though :p Still this weather won't last - especially with all that grit flying around!

Red sea is great, especially Petra.

I wondered if it would be possible to be transferred to a cruise from England, but I expect they are like the ferries - booked up:mad:

At least our trip on the Eclipse should be OK as it is from Southampton.

Hi FiggyWig

Who knows!! Even the climatologist on the news couldn't say:mad:. She was just hoping for a change of wind direction!

Hi FiggyWig

Who knows!! Even the climatologist on the news couldn't say:mad:. She was just hoping for a change of wind direction!

HI Linda,

I did look at some, but we're stuck to a week and not many going this early from UK for a week.

The climatologist is just as bad as the weatherman, I don't bother any more just look out of the door and hope for the best. It's usually opposite to what they say.

Weather's been beautiful here, if it was hotter it would be like those long hot summer days we had years ago. We've had no rain for about 2 weeks at least. And we usually get all the wet stuff that comes into N.Ireland they show on forecasts. http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/WebPages/UKPark/ProductDetailPage.aspx?ISDLNK=1&SCODE=BCON&ACODE=LP3492&ISPKMD=false

Berwyn

I've been sat beside a fishing lake all day, smashing, even managed to come back a nice shade of pink.

Concerning the change of wind direction.... perhaps if we all went and stood on the highest point possible and huffed and puffed in a northerly direction - maybe that would do the trick :cool:;):D:D

I've been sat beside a fishing lake all day, smashing, even managed to come back a nice shade of pink.

Concerning the change of wind direction.... perhaps if we all went and stood on the highest point possible and huffed and puffed in a northerly direction - maybe that would do the trick :cool:;):D:D

Lovely, did you actually catch anything.

It'd take a lot of puff and I've only got one decent lung.

Berwyn

.......... will we ever get to use them?

Went into the TA today. The tickets have arrived at last.

That's if they are any use.

I see from the weather forecast a change in the weather.

But it's a strong wind over Scotland blowing straight from Iceland area.:(

Berwyn

..........I see from the weather forecast a change in the weather.

But it's a strong wind over Scotland blowing straight from Iceland area.:(

Berwyn

We have strong winds and plenty of rain tonight ,,so dont know if that will make a difference

mrs.c

We have strong winds and plenty of rain tonight ,,so dont know if that will make a difference

mrs.c

Nothing here, just long sunny days with sea breeze. We really need a good south westerly blow like we should be getting this time of year.

Apart from the temperature the weather is like it should be if you had a long sunny spell in the summer.

Here we normally get all that wet and windy stuff you and N. Ireland get.

Berwyn

Archived