Which deck should we stay on? (Allure)

I want to get a Central Park balcony cabin but wasn't sure what deck to go with. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm only familiar with the VOS class...and if I were to stay in a Promenade on the VOS, I would want deck 7...not too high to where we can't see anything but not low enough for noise, and etc.

Thanks!!

friends of mine on the oasis said central park is very peaceful whereas the boardwalk is hopping.

Only problem is that all Central Park and Boardwalk rooms offer very little privacy.....and the deck 14's are like being part of the pool crowd.

Thanks for all of the info. We opted for deck 11. We wanted to be high enough but not too high so we went for the middle. :-)

Funny thing is, my Mom chose the same cabin as us (she's cruising the inaugural cruise in Dec.) but on the opposite side. I printed out all of the deck plans and carefully laid all of them out when choosing the cabin, ha!

• 1 year later...

I just sailed on 4/3/2011 on Allure in cabins 8699 and 8701 which are two connecting B1 Boardwalk Cabins. I loved the location. It is true that you have to be cognizant of the fact that others can see from their Boardwalk Cabins across the ship into yours so just keep the sheer curtain closed when you need it. What I loved about deck 8 was that it is kind of central to the ship. Dazzles nightclub was just around the corner. Central Park was as well and we ate at three of the specialty restuarants and also at Park Cafe during the day. It was easy to walk down to the MDR and to the Boardwalk and when we went to the pool, we hoofed it up to get a little excercise. I love deck 8, be it a oceanview or boardwalk balcony.

Have been a few times on Freedom class ships and always go with deck 9 JS..but would love some feedback on Allure deck 7 (JS #7640 ) or could have had deck 8 just above..what do you think :confused:

We had 11718 on Allure, and we loved having the aft deck overlooking the Aqua theater and the wake of the ship. We would go out there most days and there was no one else out there. Nothing like having your own 20X30' aft deck without having to pay $6000 per person. We watched the Aqua theater shows from there and you were standing right where the people that were rock wall climbing would ring the bell. We would cheer them on from the deck and offer them a beer if they could make it to the top and ring the bell.:D Of course, only if they looked 21 or older!!!:eek:

Keith

Archived