NOVA Rafting

lauriebird

I am in before/after planning stages and thought I would look into rafting, I have not see much here on the board regarding that. Although I will admit I havn't done much of a search either. With that admission out of the way I thought I would see if anyone has had any experience with any areas that are better than others?

I found a company that goes out of Chickaloon ( about 90 miles N. of Anchorage) and from their web site it looks like they have experience and good runs. Just looking for any other suggestions or comments on this.

Thanks

I am in before/after planning stages and thought I would look into rafting, I have not see much here on the board regarding that. Although I will admit I havn't done much of a search either. With that admission out of the way I thought I would see if anyone has had any experience with any areas that are better than others?

I found a company that goes out of Chickaloon ( about 90 miles N. of Anchorage) and from their web site it looks like they have experience and good runs. Just looking for any other suggestions or comments on this.

Thanks

Have used them. First time I got my Mom to raft, we did the Kenai River Canyon rafting trip.

She found that she liked rafting but she wanted a litte more excitement. So we did the Lion's Head run. I would recommend the company. They are a long standing company that has been doing this for years.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Like Susan said, NOVA has been around for quite a while and is a respected business in that field. We've seen their equipment, and it is top-notch. If you go with that trip, you have the opportunity for interesting sites on the same day; you could visit Matanuska Glacier and/or Hatcherpass/Independence Mine if time allowed. You would pass through Palmer, where you could also go to the Reindeer or Musk Ox farm.

Susan & Mytime,

Thanks for your responses. If I can pick at your brain further I am wondering if this is a good activity as opposed to, it appears that almost everyone does almost the same thing when trying to see more of Alaska after or before a cruise. Either on their own or through a tour (Denali Park, train etc.

Susan & Mytime,

Thanks for your responses. If I can pick at your brain further I am wondering if this is a good activity as opposed to, it appears that almost everyone does almost the same thing when trying to see more of Alaska after or before a cruise. Either on their own or through a tour (Denali Park, train etc.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking.

It's very easy to rent a car and tour Southcentral/Interior Alaska on your own.

Then if you decide to go independently, then the next question is what do you want to do (raft, see wildlife, etc.) and work the itinerary out from there.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Archived