Just started blogging

brooklynfc

As the title says I just started blogging. I have about three blogs going right now and one of them is a travel blog. So far I've posted a blog about my Carnival Freedom cruise in April 2009, a trip to PA (I should say through PA) and a pre-blog for my upcoming Liberty cruise.

I just thought I'd throw it out there. Its nothing special. Just the rantings of someone who probably has too much time on their hands.

Hope you enjoy.

This is the link where I started in March on the Freedom cruise.

http://yellowbrookeroad.blogspot.com/2010/03/give-them-freedom-cruise-tale.html

As the title says I just started blogging. I have about three blogs going right now and one of them is a travel blog. So far I've posted a blog about my Carnival Freedom cruise in April 2009, a trip to PA (I should say through PA) and a pre-blog for my upcoming Liberty cruise.

I just thought I'd throw it out there. Its nothing special. Just the rantings of someone who probably has too much time on their hands.

Hope you enjoy.

This is the link where I started in March on the Freedom cruise.

http://yellowbrookeroad.blogspot.com/2010/03/give-them-freedom-cruise-tale.html

Hey Girl!

Good start on the blog. It's a LOT of work, but hang in there, it will get easier over time. Make sure you read lots of sites on blogging and writing. Also, it's really great if you learn to use HTML coding, it makes part of the process easier.

Good luck, and feel free to ask questions if you need help with it. (use my blog email)

Luther :) http://www.LutherBailey.blogspot.com

Hey Girl!

Good start on the blog. It's a LOT of work, but hang in there, it will get easier over time. Make sure you read lots of sites on blogging and writing. Also, it's really great if you learn to use HTML coding, it makes part of the process easier.

Good luck, and feel free to ask questions if you need help with it. (use my blog email)

Luther :) www.LutherBailey.blogspot.com

Thanks, I'm trying to learn the html, but I'm not too computer literate. Learning that photobucket could create the codes for you was hard enough, lol. I do want to learn how to make my writing space larger b/c I keep on having to shrink my photos and I don't like that. I have a new DSLR camera and I want the full scale up there for my next cruise.

My writing leaves a lot to be desired. The Freedom review was rough, the PA trip was a little better and I hope the next cruise will be right on. I'm better a short blogs, like my Fat Girl Perspective.

Thanks for the encouragement and I've checked out your site and its great. I'll look back in and see if I get inspired some more.:D

Thanks, I'm trying to learn the html, but I'm not too computer literate. Learning that photobucket could create the codes for you was hard enough, lol. I do want to learn how to make my writing space larger b/c I keep on having to shrink my photos and I don't like that. I have a new DSLR camera and I want the full scale up there for my next cruise.

My writing leaves a lot to be desired. The Freedom review was rough, the PA trip was a little better and I hope the next cruise will be right on. I'm better a short blogs, like my Fat Girl Perspective.

Thanks for the encouragement and I've checked out your site and its great. I'll look back in and see if I get inspired some more.:D

Hi There!

Flickr works much better, I think, than Photobucket (for storing and attaching photos to the blog). It might be just my personal preference though. I am able to increase the size of the photos in the HTML code when I select the URL from the Flickr photo.

Writing becomes easier over time. I found that when I stopped trying to be self conscious about my writing and just was myself, then things flowed better. You're writing is fine. Personality and honesty make for great reading.

It becomes easier to write about travels, once you start doing it a few times. In other words, when you travel next, you'll kind of know what to pay attention to and to photo. Thanks for the comments on my blog.

Later..:)

Luther

Great pictures Luther!!! Do you like the 'blogspot' sevices? Is it easy to use?

I realize that there are some ads to the right, but that is not too interfering with what you are showing. Are there lots of folks 'down under' using this? I'm just curious.

Hi Lair!

Thank you! Blogger has been great. It took a bit of learning and growing pains, but over time I came to learn the basic code (which isn't too complicated). Blogger allows you to personalize through this method, which makes the process more interesting.

Actually, there are no Ads per say on my blog, except for one, which I put in. The rest of the posts are links to my other articles, photos, recent posts, Flickr site, etc....I've found that keeping the sidebar empty makes the blog look boring. :)

I'm not sure if there are people in Australia using Blogger to create their own blogs. I know that Blogger is one of the biggest and best in the world, so I would imagine. I have LOTS of readers from Australia on my blog, so it seems that they awareness for the company is there.

Blogger is free and easy for a basic setup. I don't pay anything for mine. I only pay for Flickr to hold thousands of photos for me. I'd say give Blogger a try if you're interested in writing a blog. There are lots of websites that you can find through Google, which will help with the day to day maintenance ideas.

Thanks! Luther

Luker,

That is some blog! I can see why it has won awards. Like Brooke I just started a blog too. We will be going on vacation to Cancun next week and plan to use it while in Cancun, really just for fun and my own entertainment!

Questions...

Did you create your own template and export it in?

When you write a blog do you let the service create the HTLM code and you edit or are you doing the whole thing in code yourself? I can do some basic edit HTLM code but would take tons more self teaching to write the whole blog myself.

Anywhere here is the start of my blog.

http://janscancunvacation.blogspot.com/

Luker,

That is some blog! I can see why it has won awards. Like Brooke I just started a blog too. We will be going on vacation to Cancun next week and plan to use it while in Cancun, really just for fun and my own entertainment!

Questions...

Did you create your own template and export it in?

When you write a blog do you let the service create the HTLM code and you edit or are you doing the whole thing in code yourself? I can do some basic edit HTLM code but would take tons more self teaching to write the whole blog myself.

Anywhere here is the start of my blog.

http://janscancunvacation.blogspot.com/

Hi Smoothdancer!

Thank you for the note and the compliment! Well, as far as the template goes, I originally found a free, base design that I liked on the internet. From there, I completely redid all of the layout and design. This took a combination of HTML coding and details, such as widening the template and adding additional codes to bring in new features. HTML looks a bit more frightening than it actually is, but it's very, very picky. One comma off and it stops working right. I of course keep the name of the original template creator at the bottom of the Blog due to the respect for their original work.

All of the photos, banners and graphic design was done mainly in Photoshop, and then added to the template.It's important to have an account on Flickr in order to link photos. Blogger, won't let you store multitudes of photos on their servers. Each time I add a photo to my blog post, I have to work with the HTML coding in order to get it to the size that it is. Blogger templates don't default to that size.

I checked out your blog and your certainly on your way. You will find that if you make yourself blog and continue on a regular basis, you will eventually begin tinkering around with it to make changes and improvements. As you become more comfortable with the code and design, then you will become braver. Often times, it's good to have a "Test Blog" that you activate on occasion to play around with the coding.

I am at the point now, where I will need to change my template to add new features. I have so many posts and so many more countries to add, that it will take a better layout.

Thanks again!

Luther :)

Thanks Luther.

Is this why I can only add my Youtube Chanel and not a single video like you have embedded on your blog? Are your videos housed in Flickr? I use Fotki for my pictures, the paid version, so no big deal for me to do a switch.

Our cruise website I do the reviews using Frontpage and then edit the code so I know about thoes coma's! Lucky for me my husband is a programmer so if I get stuck he can look at the code and usually fix it for me!

Luther,

I sent you an email, but I suppose that it might have ended up in your spam file. dramachicfc@yahoo.com is mine. I'm totally willing to hear some suggestions......maybe you can dumb down some html for me, lol.

Hi Brooke!

I sent you a reply to your email. Did it not comet through?

Luther

Thanks Luther.

Is this why I can only add my Youtube Chanel and not a single video like you have embedded on your blog? Are your videos housed in Flickr? I use Fotki for my pictures, the paid version, so no big deal for me to do a switch.

Our cruise website I do the reviews using Frontpage and then edit the code so I know about thoes coma's! Lucky for me my husband is a programmer so if I get stuck he can look at the code and usually fix it for me!

Hi there!

My videos are housed on Youtube. Youtube has an embedding link on each of your videos (on their website). I take that embedding link and drop it into either an "HTML" gadget (for the sidebar), or a drop it into the HTML view of the blog post. It won't drop in, in the regular "Compose" section of a new post. Does that make sense? :) Let me know.

Luther

Luker,

I got the email. I had a flickr account, but they don't have or I can't find the generated html code like on photobucket. Photobucket lets you resize your photos, but that's not what I want to do. I want my blog to allow me to post bigger pictures. And with the templates available it won't let me post bigger pictures.

But I will go back to the website that I got the background from and get a lighter written area.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
It's a LOT of work, but hang in there, it will get easier over time.

That is for sure... blogging is something that requires constant updating if you want people to keep reading!

This one is my (mostly) travel blog: http://www.floridakeysgirl.com I'll be posting reviews of my upcoming Seabourn spirit cruise after the fact!

Oh, and I love using wordpress. I have found it to be quite simple!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I hope to get better at writing them and adding more stuff. I fear that I won't bring back enough info. b/c I get so distracted and forget things.

Thanks, she is getting so excited.....its so fun to see her get excited b/c I just don't see it that often.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived