Attn: bhopal21 or other Key West experts

Name Of The Game

I have some logistics questions regarding good use of our time/money for me (20's) and mom (40's). We like looking through houses, cats, and sea life.

Arriving in Key West at 8 AM. Will want to be back on the ship at 4 PM. Will eat breakfast on the ship. Only ship in port until noon.

We were thinking of pre-purchasing a package from Trusted Tours which would include admission to Hemmingway House, Mel Fisher's Maritime Museum, and the Aquarium for $27.00 (regularly $35.00 separately).

HH opens first at 9 AM. Our thought was to exit the ship at 8:30 and make our way up Whitehead to be at HH at 9 or shortly thereafter to not only beat the heat but the crowds.

After that we would want to head back down toward Duval. Which would be a safer cross street....Olivia? (I know not Petronia) We would make our way to Greene St. to visit Mel's.

From Mel's we would have lunch at Caroline's, per good reviews.

After Caroline's we would go to the aquarium. They have feedings at 1 PM and 3PM. Do you think we'd make the 1PM feeding?

We're trying to figure out how long all this will take allowing for some photos and stopping in a shop along the walks here and there.

Does this sound like a good plan or do you have any other suggestions?

We don't really want to spend over $50.00 to ride the train or trolley.

Thanks!

Nothing wrong with that plan at all and Olivia or Petronia Sts. will cut right over to Duval. There is nothing to be concerned about with that area during the day as there will be tourists everywhere.

Take your time wandering back down Duval and visiting Mel Fisher's don't try to make the 1pm feeding at the aquarium.

Key West is not about planning and rushing, just relax and go with the flow or you might be disappointed.

Sounds like a good sampling for a first time visitor and I agree there is no reason for you to spend $50+ for the train or trolley.

Mike:)

Thanks for the quick response.

Something else: I keep hearing about the fabulous Key Lime pie on a stick and may even consider skipping breakfast so we have room for that treat as well as eating at Caroline's. Where would be the best place to get it in the paths we'll be traveling without going out of our way? Shipping prices of some places are ridiculous - like more than $10.00 a bar! I assume they're not that expensive individually?

You will have a hard time finding a place that doesn't sell Key Lime Pie on a stick.

Probably the most well known is http://www.blondgiraffe.com/ and there are about 4 locations right along your route.

I haven't bought one lately but they are around $4.50-$5.00

Shipping is very expensive since they have to be shipped overnight packed in dry ice.

Mike:)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived