Drink Coupons on Carnival

angiemh

Hey all-

I was on Carnival's site the other day and they have drink coupons. 4 coupons for $19.50. What do alcoholic beverages run on Carnival? Is this a good deal or about the same?

Thanks in advance,

Angie :)

From what I understand, they are about the same. You might save about 50 cents per drink if you use them on the right drinks. Pina Colada = 4.95 + 15% gratuity. The coupons allow you to buy the drink and NOT pay gratuity. I kinda think that's a bad deal for your server. I would have a bit of cash handy to tip them with.

Do not use them on Drink of the Day ($2.95) or beer ($4.00) or else you will lose money.

They are usually a mixed drink with a lot of rum or tequila or vodka and juices. All of them had about 5-7 things in them. Not a frozen drink. They are not drinks that I had ever heard of (and I bartended many years), so they are making them up themselves. I tried one every day and they were all good, tropical and fruity. And a good value at $2.95 ($6.25 for the same drink in the larger souvenier glass). I don't believe you can use the coupons on the souvenier glass drinks.

I've got my Capers here:

Fun Ship Special

Mexican Mama

Yellow Bird

Riveria Delight

Goombay Smash

They also offered Mimosas and Bloody Mary's for $2.95 some mornings. All of these drink specials are on the Lido Deck poolside only.

Enjoy! :D

Archived