Which beach is for me?

Dharma517

My DH and I are going to be in Bermuda from 5/12-5/14 while cruising on X Summit. I was thinking of spending the day at 9 beaches but do I really need to spend $80 for us just to get into the place? We have done Horseshoe Bay already. Seems with so many beaches I might not need to go to 9 beaches. This is what i am looking for:

Lounge chairs

Umbrella

Decent bathroom facilities

bar with restaurant (or some kind of decent food and drink shack..lol)

Does any other beach fit the bill? I understand I will be pay for renting of the beach equipment.

thanks,

Jenn

I think I have settled on Tobacco Bay Beach. It seems to have everything I am looking for plus good snorkeling. Since I am docked at Kings Wharf I guess the best to do is to take the ferry to St. George and then the minibus to Tobacco bay and then walk back to see the sights? That would make a day of it I am sure.

Does this sound like the best way to get there?

Thanks,

Jenn

I think I have settled on Tobacco Bay Beach. It seems to have everything I am looking for plus good snorkeling. Since I am docked at Kings Wharf I guess the best to do is to take the ferry to St. George and then the minibus to Tobacco bay and then walk back to see the sights? That would make a day of it I am sure.

Does this sound like the best way to get there?

Thanks,

Jenn

Yes.

Just be aware that it is a very small beach and it tends to get crowded. The minibus is $3.

My DH wants to see Fort St. Catherine. Would that be a good thing to do first and then go to Tobacco Bay? We are going May 12-14th is the beach crowded that early in the season? That is pretty much all I plan to do that day except the swizzle Inn....or is that in Hamilton? How would you do this day? I appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Jenn

Yes.

Just be aware that it is a very small beach and it tends to get crowded. The minibus is $3.

My DH wants to see Fort St. Catherine. Would that be a good thing to do first and then go to Tobacco Bay? We are going May 12-14th is the beach crowded that early in the season? That is pretty much all I plan to do that day except the swizzle Inn....or is that in Hamilton? How would you do this day? I appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Jenn

Kind of hard to tell if it will be crowded that early but since it's a popular place for snorkeling it always seems to be crowded. We always tried to get there early in the day and people seemed to really roll in around 11ish. We were fortunate to be docked in St. George and the othere were probably just getting there from Dockyard.

I would go to TB first then walk over to Fort St. Catherine but really, either way will work.

Tobacco Bay There is a sandy area that is not in the picture.

ab81eacb.jpg

There are 2 Swizzle Inns and the original is closer to St. George. You will have to walk into town and get a #10 or 11 bus and it might be about a 15-20 minute ride. After that, you can go by bus back to SG and get the ferry to Dockyard or continue on to Hamilton and get the ferry to Dockyard from there. The other Swizzle Inn is on the south shore and closer to Dockyard.

Thank you so very much.

Jenn

Kind of hard to tell if it will be crowded that early but since it's a popular place for snorkeling it always seems to be crowded. We always tried to get there early in the day and people seemed to really roll in around 11ish. We were fortunate to be docked in St. George and the othere were probably just getting there from Dockyard.

I would go to TB first then walk over to Fort St. Catherine but really, either way will work.

Tobacco Bay There is a sandy area that is not in the picture.

ab81eacb.jpg

There are 2 Swizzle Inns and the original is closer to St. George. You will have to walk into town and get a #10 or 11 bus and it might be about a 15-20 minute ride. After that, you can go by bus back to SG and get the ferry to Dockyard or continue on to Hamilton and get the ferry to Dockyard from there. The other Swizzle Inn is on the south shore and closer to Dockyard.

Archived