XCARAT on your own

dsck4

Can anyone tell me if it is easy to do xcarat on your own? We will be going on a carnival cruise and the cruise line offers xcarat at their cozumel stop and not the calica stop. I would much prefer to go while in calica because it is so much closer.

This will be my families first excursion not through the cruise line. There are four of us and my children are 8 and 5.

THANKS!!

• 1 year later...

A few years back, we did Xcarat from the Cozumel Port on our own. Took the ferry to Playa del Carmen, then a cab to the park from there. The trip each way was 1-hour (30 minutes for the ferry + 30 minutes cab ride to/from park).

We saved about $50 per person doing Xcarat on our own. It was a really great place to spend the day but one time is enough.

The taxis are lined up at the pier at calica & cheaper if you share a taxi with others who are headed to X-Caret. They sell tickets online (don't know if they are cheaper than at the entrance to the park). We went to the park until early afternoon, left & went to playa del carmen/beach for a couple of hours; then, went back to the park to see the papantla flyers & mexican folklore show. There was a bus at the park that took all cruise shippers back to the pier (it was announced in the park) for a nominal fee.

I would definitely go to the park from Calica so, you can spend more time at the park instead of the travel time (ferry ride + cab) involved in getting from Cozumel to X-Caret.

Definitely doable and there are taxis galore there. When you are done for the day, there are plenty of taxis waiting to take you back. Make sure you negotiate the price of the taxi prior to getting in the taxi. Otherwise they have you captive and charge you whatever they want.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived