xcaret cozumel

docboy88

has anyone done carnivals xcaret? was it worth the money? what did it include?

We did Excaret but not with Carnival - we did it when we stayed at the Rio Tequila in Playa del Carmen. It is absolutely awesome but I cannot see how this can be done with Carnival but obviously it can as it is offered. We went very early in the morning and did not end up back until the evening and we were staying only a few miles from it. You have to ferry across - take a bus a few miles to it - taking in everything you can - bus back and then ferry back to ship in time for sailing. If they are offering it I would highly recommend it as there just so many things to do. A must do is the cave tubing, snorkeling, tours of the different areas. Don't know if there is a website for it but if there is make sure to preplan to take in as much as you can

On our last Carnival Cruise, we went to Xcarat but we did not book through Carnival Excursions. We actually got off of the ship really early, took the ferry across to Playa del Carmen, and then hired a cab to take us to the park. Once in Playa del Carmen, it's a relatively short drive to the park from the little shopping center at the ferry.

If I remember correctly, the ferry was $15 round trip per person, the cab ride was $25 each way, and the park was $50.00 per person. The entire trip to get there from the ship takes about an hour.

It's been a while but I'm sure you can get all of the information you need online.

By the way I much prefer the way we did it since we were able to spend alot more time at the park than all of the Carnival Excursion people. We were there for about 8 hours - the place is huge! Make sure to grab a hammock over by the dolphin pen. Best place to relax under a palm tree after a long day walking around.

• 2 years later...

We LOVED Xcarat .We booked through carnival . It probably cost alittle more but we didn't have to worry about anything. You could either go on your own at the park or follow the guide . We went on our own. If we could do it over we would have stuck with the guide because he knows the short cuts :confused: and it is a big park. It felt like we were there maybe 4 hours . Plenty of time . We loved the mayan shows , rides , food , beaches were beautiful. They have an orahid farm and you can buy small starter plants in little glass viles. It was a great day. Bring water it was HOT and Have fun

Xcarat is even farther away than the Tulum ruins -- that will be one long day! :eek: Transport to the ferry, ferry to PDC, bus to the ruins, tour, then lunch someplace and return -- I would only do this from Coz though the cruiseline just in case there is a transportation issue that delys your return to the ship.

Good luck! :)

Actually our daughter and her husband did the Tulum ruins. They wern't happy with that excursion. They drove over an hour past Xcarat. We just walked right there to the ferry, it's right by the cruise ship,took 40 minite ferry ride 10 minite bus ride and boom were there. I wasn't a long trip at all. And the ferry was fun , the bus was fun and Xcarat was great.

Xcarat is even farther away than the Tulum ruins -- that will be one long day! :eek: Transport to the ferry, ferry to PDC, bus to the ruins, tour, then lunch someplace and return -- I would only do this from Coz though the cruiseline just in case there is a transportation issue that delys your return to the ship.

Good luck! :)

Xcaret is much closer than Tulum if you are coming from Cozumel. Xcaret is probably a 15 minute drive from where the ferry docks.

A few years ago we did the Xcaret excursion via the ship (not Carnival). We had a lovely day (would certainly recommend it). The ferry had some difficulties leaving port to return to our ship, and we were very late arriving at our ship; about 1/2 hour past sailing time. We were so very happy we had booked with the ship. On a trip that long and that far away, IMHO you are safest booking with the ship, even though it is a few more dollars.

Recovering from foot/ankle surgery, but should be in a regular tennis shoe by our cruise in September. We would love to visit one of the ruins, but worried that it may be too much walking for me. Is there a lot or walking involved?

• 3 years later...
A few years ago we did the Xcaret excursion via the ship (not Carnival). We had a lovely day (would certainly recommend it). The ferry had some difficulties leaving port to return to our ship, and we were very late arriving at our ship; about 1/2 hour past sailing time. We were so very happy we had booked with the ship. On a trip that long and that far away, IMHO you are safest booking with the ship, even though it is a few more dollars.

It sounds like you are correct. I am on NCL and the trip is $109 pp from the ship. when you add a $25 cab ride each way and $15 for the Ferry and $50 each to get it that is not much savings. Can anyne tell e how i can get a map of the Xcaret ahead of time? :)

We LOVED Xcarat .We booked through carnival . It probably cost alittle more but we didn't have to worry about anything. You could either go on your own at the park or follow the guide . We went on our own. If we could do it over we would have stuck with the guide because he knows the short cuts :confused: and it is a big park. It felt like we were there maybe 4 hours . Plenty of time . We loved the mayan shows , rides , food , beaches were beautiful. They have an orahid farm and you can buy small starter plants in little glass viles. It was a great day. Bring water it was HOT and Have fun

do you need to bring water shoes to do the river swim? i saw videos of ppl in flippers.. do they give them to you?